Good Question Bank other than UW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caunyd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any one recommend a good question bank or source, besides USMLE World?

I have already done the questions in USMLE World and failed Step 3. My problem was not being able to finish 5-8 questions on each of my blocks. I need another question bank to work on my pacing and timing.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

For computer based questions, Kaplan's Q-Bank is one alternative as is USMLEconsult, which I am less familiar with (http://www.studentconsult.com/usmle/default.cfm)

If you're looking to gain more experience and learn from questions (with less regard to timing and computer usage), you can consider question banks in print format, such as Kaplan QBook and NMS.

I tried Student consult. The questions are not too bad. The explanation for the answer choice are short, but explain the disease down the page. If you need a second question bank its worth the money.

As for the ccs, the actual software is great if you have no idea what do, but can get frustrating at times. They break down the cases in the review of the case on what is essential to order and ect. Eg. Pt comes in the er. Do ABC's first then exam then test.... Through experience, You do ABC's at the same time you can draw up tests. Unless they are dieing from a trama in the er, that is another story. It breaks down everything for you. If you have no experience in clinical medicine or do not have the time to monkey with the software (FYI you NEED TO BE FAMILIAR WITH THE CCS SOFTWARE) Its great to use.

I am taking this bad boy next week. Lets hope I past this beast and make it to residency.

Between USMLE Consult and Kaplan Qbank, which is the better choice in terms of similarity to the real test?

Thanks for the response guys.

Between USMLE Consult and Kaplan Qbank, which is the better choice in terms of similarity to the real test?

Thanks for the response guys.

NMS, and the qs from the Premier Review course. You can either attend the live lectures, or get the MP3s I believe.