good programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeshana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what have you guys heard of the anesthesia/CC fellowships at Univ Florida, UPENN, MGH, Columbia and Mt sinai. Any amount of information would help

Also if you guys have any infor on other solid programs please fell free to post any info

thanks so much
mike

Members don't see this ad.

what have you guys heard of the anesthesia/CC fellowships at Univ Florida, UPENN, MGH, Columbia and Mt sinai. Any amount of information would help

Also if you guys have any infor on other solid programs please fell free to post any info

thanks so much
mike

bump....

thanks so much
mike
The CCM program at BIDMC is better than MGH if you are interested in a Harvard program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my cc fellowship at Columbia last year. The majority of your time is split between the SICU (16 beds) and the CT-ICU (21 beds). The new heart hospital may be open which I think added 10 more CT-ICU beds. In addition, you can rotate through the MCIU and NeuroICU to round out your experience. The only thing missing from the Columbia program is the lack of trauma. Overall, I was very happy with the program and feel it prepared me for my current job.

Glp1

MGH = 122 beds
UPenn = 56 beds (they may have more, this is what the website reports)
St. Lukes (Kansas City) = 79 ICU beds
UPMC (Main program) = 150 ICU beds

I think UPMC is the biggest in the country. I don't know the surgical side, but there are 28 transplant beds, 24 pulm/ccm beds, and 10 coronary care beds. There is a Neuro ICU, a Neurosurg ICU, a SICU, and a CTICU. The 150 does NOT count peds/neonates, nor does it count the other Pittsburgh-area UPMC ICU beds (Shadyside, St. Margarets, Magee...).