Good Pharmacokinetics book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyman22336

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just took exam one for pharmacokinetics, and the general questions were decent, but the math portion was pretty intense. It was over first and zero order rxns, clearance, etc. The textbook we currently use is quite difficult when it comes to the calculations. I was wondering if there's any resource you recommend especially for the calculations portion that shows it in better detail how to solve problems? I'd appreciate any name drops cause I really need it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am having a hard time in PK course. The professor doesn't explain concepts well and I feel that I can only plug & chug numbers to get answers. Any book that simplifies the concept well or explain the equations? Anyone tried Pharmacokinetics made easy ?

IMO go with "Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, concepts and applications from Rowland and Tozer" over the Gibaldi book. Gibaldi I feel like is for more advanced pk, and rowland least for me seemed a bit easier on the eyes and a bit less confusing.

I looked a various books but Pharmacokinetics by Sara Rosenbaum was the simplest and most practical to understand.