Good Parasitology Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Biomajir

OKSU C/O 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good parasit book? Right now I am using Gerogi's Parasitology for Veterinarians, but I really am not impressed with the layout of it. I wish I had something that was more clear about lifecycles and diseases that were caused.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I loved Georgi's, really helped me get through the class. Gave just about enough information, without going too far into detail. Now, there are some nice picture books for identification of oocysts and worms, but they don't go into that level (lifecycle) of detail either.

I would use Georgi's, and for more detail try the CDC website for PPP's and Lifecycles of specific organisms. If you still need more, Pub Med or Google Scholar would be by go to, but unless you are considering a career in parasitilogy, I think any other book might be a waste of $$ and certainly time.

I like using the CDC for information about parasites because it's updated and FREE :) . Plus, it gives you awesome diagrams and PPPs...etc. Just go to their website and search for the parasite you're looking for.

As an example, here's their page on [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]Paragonimus:http://www.dpd.cdc.gov/dpdx/HTML/Paragonimiasis.htm

Hope this helps! :)

Sorry, forgot to say that, if you go to the link I gave you and click on "parasites and health" you can search them by category :)

Last edited: