A Good Place to Reach Recent Grads Who May Be Interested in Emergency Response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itseunsss

c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the vets I used to work with just asked me about a good place to reach out to recent grads who may be interested in emergency response (social media perhaps but which platform?). I'm guessing she's referring to veterinary needs in places with natural disasters. As a new veterinary student though, I wasn't sure what resources recent grads use. I told her about school clubs (our ER club seems very active) and school Facebook pages for interested students, and I mentioned VIN for veterinarians, but I'm not even sure if that's a good one. Anything else? She mentioned the AVMA Facebook page - I have never visited/used that site before. Thoughts :oops: ? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Is she trying to get ahold of recent grads to join emergency response teams through the government?

Is she trying to get ahold of recent grads to join emergency response teams through the government?
I'm not sure if it's through the government..., but yes! I'm pretty sure there is an organization that oversees everything and organizes details, such as when and where to be deployed. I think she's just not sure "where" to post information about emergency response veterinarian needs, so those who may be interested (more specifically recent grads) can learn about them and join the efforts. I wasn't sure what other platforms there were other than VIN and also if AVMA Facebook page is a good place for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
VMAs for each state.

I do know there us a governmental program that specifically has volunteer veterinarians that are deployed to disaster areas to provide veterinary care. So wasnt sure if she was a part of that

VMAs for each state.

I do know there us a governmental program that specifically has volunteer veterinarians that are deployed to disaster areas to provide veterinary care. So wasnt sure if she was a part of that
Thank you!!

I feel like they ask you when you become USDA accredited (if you do that) whether or not you are interested in disaster-relief type stuff. So... that's one place I guess?

Reactions: 1 user