Good journal for ophthalmology residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chibi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what journals are good for ophtho residents to read...you know, with great review articles and sort of like an ophtho equivalent of NEJM

Members don't see this ad.

2 other great journals with great reviews are "Survey of Ophthalmology" and "Current Opinion in Ophthalmology".

Some of the Survey articles can be very long & too detailed for med students, but they are a great resource for residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Doan, do you know if any of these journals have discount deals for residents, for those of us that have just matched in particular?

maddoc1979 said:
Dr. Doan, do you know if any of these journals have discount deals for residents, for those of us that have just matched in particular?

All residents can be academy members at no charge, and you get Ophthalmology. I also get Archives at no cost. Contact your program director and get a letter and the form needed to become an Academy member.

maddoc1979 said:

some of them have resident discounts. Not mentioned, I actually like ophthalmology clinics of north america.