Good Handbook for SubI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Os4prez

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hellow guys and gals. First of all I would like to thank everyone for their posts so far on this site because they have been extremely useful, informative and helpful. I have been reading stuff on this site for more than a year now but have never really got around to posting anything myself.

As the rigors of 4th year rolls around, i finally have a question for you all... what handbook should i use - or which is best - for diagnosis and treatment and stuff like that - to carry around during my sub internship? harriet lane is the name that sounds most familiar to me at the current time but does anyone else have any better opinions or suggestions?

peace
os

for those who have some time on their hands - i have a short anecdote about why i love pediatrics: i had a 5 year old young girl as a patient today who came in to see the peds cardiologist with whom im working. her chief complaint was this - "doctor doctor, sometimes when i run around my heart starts BEEPING. it goes BEEP BEEP BEEP. is that normal doctor" thats why i love pediatrics. if a 54 year old male patient said that you just wouldnt feel the same way.

Members don't see this ad.