Going to Manipal next year (hopefully)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krust

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have always been interested in medicine. My parents brought up the idea of going to Manipal to do Med school. I found this very intriguing.

Over the course of the last few months I've made up my mind 90% that I want to go there. Namely 2 reasons: I want to save a year and a half and I really want to get to my roots in India. I have only been to India once before when I was 5.

A few questions regarding NRI's who have completed or are in the process.
1) How nice is the Manipal Facility?
2) Is getting into MAHE very competitive for NRI's?
3) **most important question** How hard is it to get a DECENT residency when one comes back in the states? How large is the bias gap between US grads compared to foreign grads (I am a US citizen).

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

if you want to get any sort of a decent residency in the US, do NOT go to manipal. if you really want to get in touch with your roots, than fine. but understand that you will be at an incredible disadvantage for the rest of your life cuz of the letters FMG.
if you really want medicine, work hard now. go to college. kick ass on the mcat and get in.
saving 1.5 years is a lie. you wont.
finally, your in HS. what makes you think you want medicine? i dont think 95% of any of us know we want to honestly do medicine (for the right reasons) until weve grown up a bit and seen some of the world. dont be in a rush.
im only saying this because going to india for medicine is a big mistake if you ultimately want to practice here. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

if you want to get any sort of a decent residency in the US, do NOT go to manipal. if you really want to get in touch with your roots, than fine. but understand that you will be at an incredible disadvantage for the rest of your life cuz of the letters FMG.
if you really want medicine, work hard now. go to college. kick ass on the mcat and get in.
saving 1.5 years is a lie. you wont.
finally, your in HS. what makes you think you want medicine? i dont think 95% of any of us know we want to honestly do medicine (for the right reasons) until weve grown up a bit and seen some of the world. dont be in a rush.
im only saying this because going to india for medicine is a big mistake if you ultimately want to practice here. anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Saving 1.5 years is not a lie sir.

My uncle and aunt both are FMG's and they work in CHOC and St. Joe's hospital in California. Uncle is a neonat and aunt is a cardiothoracic surgeon. Reason I asked was because they came here a while ago. Have things changed since then? Also my aunt did her residency in Brigham's hospital(Harvard Medical School)

Also, yes I'm in HS but I'm a senior. I don't have time to mull over this. Next year I'm going to India or I stay here. My father (who did medicine here) has many friends that are sending their kids to India for medicine - you're saying they're all wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
Saving 1.5 years is not a lie sir.

My uncle and aunt both are FMG's and they work in CHOC and St. Joe's hospital in California. Uncle is a neonat and aunt is a cardiothoracic surgeon. Reason I asked was because they came here a while ago. Have things changed since then? Also my aunt did her residency in Brigham's hospital(Harvard Medical School)

Also, yes I'm in HS but I'm a senior. I don't have time to mull over this. Next year I'm going to India or I stay here. My father (who did medicine here) has many friends that are sending their kids to India for medicine - you're saying they're all wrong?

Hahahaha! One of my med school classmates discussed this with me, the concept of Indian doctor parents sending their children to India for med school.

Go to the BWH website if you think they're accepting any FMGs for residents anymore. In fact, go to any prestigious program's website, and there should be a listing of residents and where they went to medical school. If you don't see any for the school where you want to go, then it's probably not a good idea to go there.

You, Mr High School Senior, need to stop being defensive... things certainly have changed since that era, and clearly you're fishing for a positive answer.

You pay now or you pay later. 1.5 years "saved" will probably amount to 5 years more of residency you have to do in general surgery because nobody would give you integrated plastics.

You'll likely get an IM/FM spot in some random place (probably not in California), I'm betting somewhere like Cook County in Chicago or Henry Ford in Detroit, but anything better, you're just dreaming. If you want internal medicine "somewhere" then you should go abroad for med school. Nothing is "easy" anymore. Of the 1000-or-so general surgery spots in this year's match, only ONE was unfilled.

For all intents and purposes, with your US citizenship, you're one of the throngs and throngs of Caribbean medical graduates who have US citizenship. Why don't you go on Ross / St George's website and see what kind of residencies they get? I mean, they cherrypick a few spots, but largely you will be treated on the same level as them.

IMG discrimination by PD's is rampant, and your US citizenship won't make you immune to it. This 'shortcut' would be all fine and good but in many people's eyes, you will unfortunately never be equal to a US graduate, despite how good of an education you might have received over there. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with that, but it's really the program directors' opinions that matter.

Hey guys. I have always been interested in medicine. My parents brought up the idea of going to Manipal to do Med school. I found this very intriguing.

Over the course of the last few months I've made up my mind 90% that I want to go there. Namely 2 reasons: I want to save a year and a half and I really want to get to my roots in India. I have only been to India once before when I was 5.

A few questions regarding NRI's who have completed or are in the process.
1) How nice is the Manipal Facility?
2) Is getting into MAHE very competitive for NRI's?
3) **most important question** How hard is it to get a DECENT residency when one comes back in the states? How large is the bias gap between US grads compared to foreign grads (I am a US citizen).

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Ok boss! before u decide that u want to go to India, PLZZZZ for godsake keep these things in ur mind as u havent been to india before. When u visit India as a tourist, things appear so cool but in reality when someone like u (who went last when he was 5). Its so hard. We are raised up in USA with very different values and very good atmosphere. So lemme give u a brief description of things as a college student u cud encounter when u visit India.

1) Kissing your professor's ass. In USA, we are not taught to see teacher as a parent. We respect them but we dont blindly follow them. In India especially in Medical School. Professors hold a very very important place. Chances are that if a professor doesnt likes u then u might have to suffer all the 6yrs. It looks so simple. wat is this guy talking abt. But believe me, in india professors make u stand up in middle of class and ask u a question, if u fail to answer they can insult u upright down, even call u "American money",etc. And u cant do a **** abt it. And then u r a NRI. Some Indian professors have a grudge abt it. They think u paid ur money and got a seat. and treat u like a piece of ....... And there isnt a hirerarchy system in india where u cud sue or complain abt ur professor.

2) General Enimity among ur fellow students. ur english accent, ur style, man indians are jealous fellows. we just cant see anyone good. As soon as u say u r a NRI. The desis will see u a mobile ATM machine and an object of hatred. There have been thousand of incidents where indian gals purposely trapped innocent NRIs in their trap, so many times u r not welcome in a group because people think u r some rich lad buying ur MD degree. Bcoz in general Medica schools in India accept 80-90% students based on Merit and then there NRI kids like us who pay huge sums of donations and enter. So regualr indians who struggled to enter always see us dumb *****s and hate us.

3) MOST MOST MOST IMPORTANT: "RAGGING", oh believe me Manipal is notorously famous for its ragging. if u want to walk all over campus without pant:laugh: , or smoke ten ciggerates in 10 min, or kiss a unknown gal, etc in front of ur seniors and fellow undergrads. India is for u. Many indians deny it outrightly and say there are laws against. But believe me, india is a very corrupt and dirty country. Cops take Rs.1000 or 5000 and nothing happens. plus u dont wanna come in trouble with goons. Manipal is full of spoiled kids of rich bastards. Any rich fellow who wants to bcom MD goes to Manipal. what i said u above was just a small menu. every year new techniques are developed to rag students. U cant even imagine wat wat kind of ragging happens in india. generally local kids have senior friends or brothers who know each other,etc. So there isnt tat much ragging with them. But think abt it, who is gonna be there for u. U will be made a fool.

And one more thing, Manipal is having its own campus town but occasionally manipal students come in fight with local inhabitants of that area. Believe me it gets very rough.

4) Riots/Bandhs/ police brutality (corruption), etc are many reasons why i personally wudnt venture out to India. You gotta understand, we in USA are raised in a very very differnet way. Our upbringing has been done in a very good, calm atmosphere. No body cons or harms anybody in general. In general, especailly in colleges in India, people are on a prowl to con young NRIs. we are seen as some rich manhattan princes. Dude do u even speak Hindi properly or there is some accent. As soon as some one will find u r a NRI. aha ha ha, u will be an easy prey.

If i were u, i wud go to Carribean, Australia or Malaysia. But no way in the world i wud venture to India for 6 yrs. ha ha ah!

See had u been like a regular visitor to india or someone who did some schooling in India, things are different. But u r going like totally new. As a fellow NRI, i advise u not to go. I did my high school and first year medical school in India and then moved to Chicago with my family. I did my 3 yrs premed and iam starting soon Podiatric School. If i wanted to go to medical school and cudnt get accepted. I wud defiently venture to Carribean which are much more respected in USA then this stupid Manipal.

OH! is it hard to get in Manipal for NRIs. Yes it is very hard if u dont wanna pay a single penny. But if u r ready to pay their fees that is something like $24000 yearly. u will walk in easily. Plus keep in mind, u have to search ur own clinical rotations in USA, believe me its not tat easy. Manipal is a pit hole of rich kids who wanna buy there degree. Did u even saw they offer two Medical degrees. One is MBBS offered to indian kids it is 5 1/2 yr program and one is called MD in affiliation with AUA that is very very easy to get in as it is not even recognized by Medical Council of India also. it is registered in Antigua. u just take ur classes in Manipal. The one u must going will be like this, 2 yrs premed and 4yrs medical school all together 6yrs right!, and tats the trick. that MD program is actually chartered in Antigua (a carribean nation) and Manipal just offers u classes. when u gradaute u get a MD which is not recognized by govt of india. so if tomorrow u dont get a residency in USA then u cant even think of coming back to india to practice medicine as they will also not recognize u. Plus every year residencies for FMGs are shrinking, in next 5-8 yrs, it will be more harder for FMGs to secure residencies.

MY ADVISE AGAIN TO YOU IS, FINISH YOUR 90 credits apply to Medical school here in USA or Carribean. Or if u dont wanna do undergrad, there are many schools in europe and carribean who also offer 6yr MBBS. I wud suggest u visit Valuemd.com

Note: if any desi denies u that there is no ragging in indian colleges or NRIs are conned easily or proffesors are not that bad, just do a google search on "Ragging on India", u will get thousands of artices. Believe me as a visitor, India is best. But to go and study there like an ordinary person, its the worst nightmare. India is a very corrupt, dirty and unpleasant place to be. Its not that bad though, but since we are NRIs it gets more hard for us to settle.

below are some websites which i encourage to visit abt ragging and show it to ur parents also. our parents studied in 1970s india which was very different. It can be that ur parents will say "oh its nothing, didnt we graduated in india". tats why its better u hear from present day people.

http://india.indymedia.org/en/2004/07/209581.shtml

This is abt NRI suing that Great MANIPAL for his son's death at the hands of seniors

http://sify.com/news_info/fullstory.php?id=13550127 (u owe it urself to visit this)

bottom line: dont go to Manipal, its very risky.

ok when i wrote that, i knew you would respond with "my uncle, my aunt, some auntie" ok thats fine. theres a lot of examples of people who are great docs here in india that were born and raised in india. i dont deny it. some of the best docs ive ever worked with are from india. actually a lot of them. but think, they must have been the absolute best of the best to get where they are today.
but your anectdotal evidence doesnt mean crap. look at the numbers. FMGs is the only thing people will ever see. i dont care how smart you are. and to think that coming out of india with some amazing docs out there, you specifically can shine and somehow get a nice residency at BW or Hopkins? no sorry.
if you really want something, man up and work your ass off. go to college. do well. get drunk. go to football games. get in med school. done
GOING TO INDIA IS A COMPLETE MISTAKE. i dont care about any anecdotal evidence or family friends. if you ask me, all of the parents sending their kids to india are yes, doing them a disservice and screwing things up even more.
this is not just for you. thinking that going to india to circumvent the mcat or whatever is wrong. you will pay for it immensely when your older. the day you enroll at manipal, just remember that your new dream is a family med/ obgyn residency at a community hospital in wyoming.

the day you enroll at manipal, just remember that your new dream is a family med/ obgyn residency at a community hospital in wyoming.

i dont think even that wud be a probability for him. lol! there was a recent news that 6-7 more DO schools are opening and Medical schools are planning to expand their seats. Now u do the math. Why wud the PD prefer some FMG over DO or US MD.

Ur uncle or the FMG whom u see came here in 1980s and 1990s, it was very easy then and ofcourse the competition was very low at that time.now things have changed. every year passes by requirements are getting stricter for FMGs. u will graduate in 7yrs. who knows till tat time how much things will deteroriate.

But one thing is for sure, things are going on bad end for FMGs, they are not getting better. So keep this fact also in mind.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Looks like India is out of the question it seems.

also, cool_vkb - what do you mean by "DO schools"?

also, cool_vkb - what do you mean by "DO schools"?

Jesus christ buddy! are u really in US high School.:confused:

DO School?

DO stands for Doctor of Osteopathy

They are similar to MDs (yet different degree awarded) but they have full right to practice medicine in USA. Usually DO admissions are easy compared to MD schools but they have all have same scope of practice.

Thanks for the response. Don't know if saying "Jesus christ buddy! are u really in US high School" was necessary though.

have you looked into bs/md programs here in the US? if you go to india, you really won't be saving time because you'll end up spending time back here studying for boards and looking for residency (which by now you must have realized is hard to get as an FMG). in a bs/md program, you can get a guaranteed medical seat right out of high school and if you choose a decent program, you can always change your mind as long as their undergrad school is good. that is, if you decide you don't want to do medicine during the first few years, you can switch majors and drop out of the program, but continue at their undergrad. some bs/md programs are 6 years (2 undergrad/4 med school) or 7 or 8 year programs. they are highly competitive when it comes to SAT/ACT scores. and some don't require MCATs once you're in. something to think about.

PS. if you want to get to know india, just go there for a summer vacation. i highly doubt you'll be seeing much of daylight if you go to med school in india. plus, its really hard for US born/bred people to get used to life in india. not that its impossible, but can be challenging for some people.

Thanks for the response. Don't know if saying "Jesus christ buddy! are u really in US high School" was necessary though.

well it was very necessary bcoz i highly doubt if someone is so serious abt Medical School doenst even knows what a DO is. Any good premed student will know all types of medical degrees offered in his homecountry bfore he decides something.

i was amazed when u asked what is "DO".:laugh:

hey krust..
i go to school in manipal and im from LA.. its not too bad here.. and as of going back for residency.. it depends a lot on who u know and how well u do on ur USMLE's... my sister just finished med school in India at 23 and got residency at USC so dont listen to wut all these other people say.. if u want to do it then u can its just up to u... facilities are pretty decent and there are a lot of NRI's... majority from US so were all in the same boat

SSGill - that's great that your sister got a spot at USC. that's not the average FMG situation.

to the OP, really think about what you're getting yourself into. what's so hard about trying to get into school here? are you not competitive enough to go to med school here? honestly, most people who go to india for med school didn't make it here after college. yes, there are some who go because they want to, but mostly not. then there are also kids who go right after high school, but as i said, go for the bs/md programs. that is, unless you're not competitive enough to get into those programs. then buddy, i don't know what to tell ya.

SSGill - that's great that your sister got a spot at USC. that's not the average FMG situation.

to the OP, really think about what you're getting yourself into. what's so hard about trying to get into school here? are you not competitive enough to go to med school here? honestly, most people who go to india for med school didn't make it here after college. yes, there are some who go because they want to, but mostly not. then there are also kids who go right after high school, but as i said, go for the bs/md programs. that is, unless you're not competitive enough to get into those programs. then buddy, i don't know what to tell ya.

:thumbup:

hey krust..
i go to school in manipal and im from LA.. its not too bad here.. and as of going back for residency.. it depends a lot on who u know and how well u do on ur USMLE's... my sister just finished med school in India at 23 and got residency at USC so dont listen to wut all these other people say.. if u want to do it then u can its just up to u... facilities are pretty decent and there are a lot of NRI's... majority from US so were all in the same boat

My dear friend, first of all residencies range from simple easy Family practice to hardest dermatologist. If you want one more desi fellow doing IM or FM or peds residency and giving advertisement in indian reporter newspaper. then i have no problem in going to india. but if u r looking for some surgical action then i wudnt even venture out of USA. dont try to give examples of sister, auncle, aunty, bua , maama, maami. Wat happened 2 yrs back also is not happening today. everyyear things are changing.

Do you know 5 more DO schools are oppening. that means 300 more applicants in residency competition. Its getting very hard to get into residency. And by 2011 many think its gonna be more worse. Suppose even if u getin a IM residency or FM residency. What are u gonna do after that. These fields are getting saturated. Every lane, every shopping complex has one medical office now featuring a FM or IM. These fields are getting saturated, unless u wanna go and work in some rural county.

i am so sorry to here the extent of ragging u tell ... i am basically from india... i am thinking of joining manipal this year.. and i am quite scared.. myself about getting to a new place.i read almost all posts by foreign peple.. and i must admit i feel the same scare and thinking of my two year experience in hostel i felt the same as u guys say u felt. but i managed my second year.... better. though i never faced the amount of ragging u mention.just the people behaviour.i just wanted to tell u its not just with u.. cuz u r nri.. we had(in my hostel) too had to face things like u guys... and if anyone still joining manipal u r welcome to contact me.... btw please dont call our contry dirty and bad place.its just that you have to struggle in medicine line.. and yeah being away from home and all.... worsens it.. but if u try it can work for u here aswell.and yeah i am against ragging too!taking or giving
Ok boss! before u decide that u want to go to India, PLZZZZ for godsake keep these things in ur mind as u havent been to india before. When u visit India as a tourist, things appear so cool but in reality when someone like u (who went last when he was 5). Its so hard. We are raised up in USA with very different values and very good atmosphere. So lemme give u a brief description of things as a college student u cud encounter when u visit India.

1) Kissing your professor's ass. In USA, we are not taught to see teacher as a parent. We respect them but we dont blindly follow them. In India especially in Medical School. Professors hold a very very important place. Chances are that if a professor doesnt likes u then u might have to suffer all the 6yrs. It looks so simple. wat is this guy talking abt. But believe me, in india professors make u stand up in middle of class and ask u a question, if u fail to answer they can insult u upright down, even call u "American money",etc. And u cant do a **** abt it. And then u r a NRI. Some Indian professors have a grudge abt it. They think u paid ur money and got a seat. and treat u like a piece of ....... And there isnt a hirerarchy system in india where u cud sue or complain abt ur professor.

2) General Enimity among ur fellow students. ur english accent, ur style, man indians are jealous fellows. we just cant see anyone good. As soon as u say u r a NRI. The desis will see u a mobile ATM machine and an object of hatred. There have been thousand of incidents where indian gals purposely trapped innocent NRIs in their trap, so many times u r not welcome in a group because people think u r some rich lad buying ur MD degree. Bcoz in general Medica schools in India accept 80-90% students based on Merit and then there NRI kids like us who pay huge sums of donations and enter. So regualr indians who struggled to enter always see us dumb *****s and hate us.

3) MOST MOST MOST IMPORTANT: "RAGGING", oh believe me Manipal is notorously famous for its ragging. if u want to walk all over campus without pant:laugh: , or smoke ten ciggerates in 10 min, or kiss a unknown gal, etc in front of ur seniors and fellow undergrads. India is for u. Many indians deny it outrightly and say there are laws against. But believe me, india is a very corrupt and dirty country. Cops take Rs.1000 or 5000 and nothing happens. plus u dont wanna come in trouble with goons. Manipal is full of spoiled kids of rich bastards. Any rich fellow who wants to bcom MD goes to Manipal. what i said u above was just a small menu. every year new techniques are developed to rag students. U cant even imagine wat wat kind of ragging happens in india. generally local kids have senior friends or brothers who know each other,etc. So there isnt tat much ragging with them. But think abt it, who is gonna be there for u. U will be made a fool.

And one more thing, Manipal is having its own campus town but occasionally manipal students come in fight with local inhabitants of that area. Believe me it gets very rough.

4) Riots/Bandhs/ police brutality (corruption), etc are many reasons why i personally wudnt venture out to India. You gotta understand, we in USA are raised in a very very differnet way. Our upbringing has been done in a very good, calm atmosphere. No body cons or harms anybody in general. In general, especailly in colleges in India, people are on a prowl to con young NRIs. we are seen as some rich manhattan princes. Dude do u even speak Hindi properly or there is some accent. As soon as some one will find u r a NRI. aha ha ha, u will be an easy prey.

If i were u, i wud go to Carribean, Australia or Malaysia. But no way in the world i wud venture to India for 6 yrs. ha ha ah!

See had u been like a regular visitor to india or someone who did some schooling in India, things are different. But u r going like totally new. As a fellow NRI, i advise u not to go. I did my high school and first year medical school in India and then moved to Chicago with my family. I did my 3 yrs premed and iam starting soon Podiatric School. If i wanted to go to medical school and cudnt get accepted. I wud defiently venture to Carribean which are much more respected in USA then this stupid Manipal.

OH! is it hard to get in Manipal for NRIs. Yes it is very hard if u dont wanna pay a single penny. But if u r ready to pay their fees that is something like $24000 yearly. u will walk in easily. Plus keep in mind, u have to search ur own clinical rotations in USA, believe me its not tat easy. Manipal is a pit hole of rich kids who wanna buy there degree. Did u even saw they offer two Medical degrees. One is MBBS offered to indian kids it is 5 1/2 yr program and one is called MD in affiliation with AUA that is very very easy to get in as it is not even recognized by Medical Council of India also. it is registered in Antigua. u just take ur classes in Manipal. The one u must going will be like this, 2 yrs premed and 4yrs medical school all together 6yrs right!, and tats the trick. that MD program is actually chartered in Antigua (a carribean nation) and Manipal just offers u classes. when u gradaute u get a MD which is not recognized by govt of india. so if tomorrow u dont get a residency in USA then u cant even think of coming back to india to practice medicine as they will also not recognize u. Plus every year residencies for FMGs are shrinking, in next 5-8 yrs, it will be more harder for FMGs to secure residencies.

MY ADVISE AGAIN TO YOU IS, FINISH YOUR 90 credits apply to Medical school here in USA or Carribean. Or if u dont wanna do undergrad, there are many schools in europe and carribean who also offer 6yr MBBS. I wud suggest u visit Valuemd.com

Note: if any desi denies u that there is no ragging in indian colleges or NRIs are conned easily or proffesors are not that bad, just do a google search on "Ragging on India", u will get thousands of artices. Believe me as a visitor, India is best. But to go and study there like an ordinary person, its the worst nightmare. India is a very corrupt, dirty and unpleasant place to be. Its not that bad though, but since we are NRIs it gets more hard for us to settle.

below are some websites which i encourage to visit abt ragging and show it to ur parents also. our parents studied in 1970s india which was very different. It can be that ur parents will say "oh its nothing, didnt we graduated in india". tats why its better u hear from present day people.

http://india.indymedia.org/en/2004/07/209581.shtml

This is abt NRI suing that Great MANIPAL for his son's death at the hands of seniors

http://sify.com/news_info/fullstory.php?id=13550127 (u owe it urself to visit this)

bottom line: dont go to Manipal, its very risky.

its not risky, what the hell are u talking abt, i am in manipal, MBBS its one of the best med schools in india, getting residency is easier than many other schools, students have been scoring in the 90s.

Let me write pros and con's going to India from us to do medicine.
Pros
1. Cheaper option. Much cheaper . with that price you can't even get a us bachelor degree from public colleges like ucb or ucd etc.
2. Saves time in many ways.lists below.
If you are in uc system in ca there is no guarantee that you will finish bs in 4 year even though you are a good student.
After completing bs degree many stays one year to prepare for good mcat score to get to a good med school. I know this because I have friends whose child on ucb doing this.

You almost wasted 5+ years for degree and MCAT. Note that there is a huge risk of doing bs here too , if you are below 3.5 GPA then your dream to become doctor ends right there. Also note that top kids from high school go to ucb or ucd and more than half of them get GPA less than 3.5 in pre med. Some change the line to computers in the middle too.
3. Let's assume everything went on well in your life and got into a med school . what is the guarantee that you will get a good clinical. I know many of my family friends their kids in us med schools ended up in pediatrics or internal medicine with a 500+k loan on their head. Remember surgery seats are less compare to other areas so being in us med school still does not qualify you to get those areas unless you really work hard and again everything going well with you financially and from family support.
4. Numbers of cases and variety you will see in India during your internship will make you a good doctor. In us you will be chained with procedures and forget about doing surgery on your intern days. Remember knowledge on medicine and practice makes you perfect doctor.
5. If you don't get a good clinical in us you can be still a wonderful doctor in India and live a luxury life with your manipal degree plus one ms or md course.

Cons
1. Remember doing MBBS in manipal is not cake walk. It is more harder than us med school. Check if class exams are semistar or annual. Getting a first class there is a big deal. All the tests are done in class room and labs.
2. Note that you will be joining there on NRI quota and it will be very hard for you to compete with general students who gets addmited through entrance examinination. Few professors sometimes does not like students who gets admited through quota based systems.
3. Pay entire MBBS fees in advance for NRI. If you drop you loose your money. They made this because many nri students left the course in the middle because of students were unable to compete with peers.

If you seriously want to do mbbs in India get the syllabus from that med school and buy appropriate books here in us and keep reading those before joining the med achool . that will keep you ahead of others in that school.

One important thing to remember is your primary moto should be only study there in India not get into any affair in med school or show up that you are from us etc.

Be humble, respectful and truthful all professors and good friends will make you a better doctor.

Last edited: