Going to be a cougar in med school. Roar!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a SDN dating thread?! LOL. I don't think I want to be unmasked in person. But it is rather interesting to consider. There are some people who I'd probably consider murdering in person and others I'd probably jump in a mating frenzy given the nature of their posts.

But of course, this is the internet. We are not what we may seem...

Is there an SDN meetup?
From personal observation, yes. It's called "interviews."
Later: "medical school."

Members don't see this ad.

No no no, not doing that. Seems unethical. "interviews." ummm...people would wonder how I got in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually met a pre-med at my last interview who wasn't on SDN. It was like glimpsing a unicorn.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually met a pre-med at my last interview who wasn't on SDN. It was like glimpsing a unicorn.
And then, if you're a Women's Interview Clothing #3 junkie like I am, there are those people you just *look* at and go, oh man, do you even studentdoctornetwork, bro?

By the same token, I saw more than a few of the exact recommended tops from that thread.

Did s/he dress up as a unicorn due to lack of fashion advice from SDN? :p

More importantly, would you date someone who dressed up as a unicorn for interview because #YOLO?

I just snorted. :lol:

minionunicorn.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a SDN dating thread?!
There is in the Lounge. Or at least, there used to be.

LOL. I don't think I want to be unmasked in person.
Then you'd best lurk more and post less. Seriously, people who post regularly are often pretty easy to "unmask." I met tons of fellow applicants on my interview trails (both med school and residency).

Not sure why people make such a big deal about this anyway. The opportunity to NETWORK is one of the main strengths of SDN. You can't network if you don't meet people. As an applicant, I saved thousands of dollars on hotels by staying with fellow SDNers, and I hosted some of them too.

Is there an SDN meetup?
Not formally. I've gotten together with some of the other mods before informally; there are also formal mod meetings. And WH has a standing invitation to visit me here in FL, which she has never taken advantage of. Her loss. All I can say is, I'm not going to be the one freezing this or that body part off over the next few months. :D

Reactions: 2 users
Not sure why people make such a big deal about this anyway. The opportunity to NETWORK is one of the main strengths of SDN. You can't network if you don't meet people. As an applicant, I saved thousands of dollars on hotels by staying with fellow SDNers, and I hosted some of them too.

I've met three non-trad SDNers so far, including splitting a hotel room with one at an interview. Very glad to have met them, they've been awesome people :D

I've met three non-trad SDNers so far, including splitting a hotel room with one at an interview. Very glad to have met them, they've been awesome people :D
Yeah, my experiences (in over a decade of participating on this site) have all been positive to neutral at worst. Meaning, I didn't become besties with every SDNer I've ever met. But no one turned out to be an ax-murderer, either. And I did strike up several long distance friendships, a few of which are still ongoing.

Reactions: 1 user
Not formally. I've gotten together with some of the other mods before informally; there are also formal mod meetings. And WH has a standing invitation to visit me here in FL, which she has never taken advantage of. Her loss. All I can say is, I'm not going to be the one freezing this or that body part off over the next few months. :D

Yeah, yeah, we've been over this. If i wasn't using all my money and vacation time on grad school, I'd have totally been down there by now. I'm not particularly keen on freezing my butt of all winter either. As it is the days I do take for actually vacation wind up all being to go hime and see the family, and while I love them dearly it'd be nice to take a trip for myself for once...

I mean how on earth am I supposed to catch myself a cub if I don't go anywhere cubs play? :p

Yeah, yeah, we've been over this. If i wasn't using all my money and vacation time on grad school, I'd have totally been down there by now. I'm not particularly keen on freezing my butt of all winter either. As it is the days I do take for actually vacation wind up all being to go hime and see the family, and while I love them dearly it'd be nice to take a trip for myself for once...

I mean how on earth am I supposed to catch myself a cub if I don't go anywhere cubs play? :p
Well, this is Florida. You'd be a....what was it....kitten yourself here. By about three or four decades.

Well, this is Florida. You'd be a....what was it....kitten yourself here. By about three or four decades.

And mostly likely, has retained all her teeth :D

I can't deny that we have some impressive meth mouths here, even among people WH's age.

I live here too. Amazes me at how poorly some people take care of their teeth! How do they eat?!?!?!?!