Going rate for depositions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I looked into the big group out of SATX for this. You’re basically the local license, use their referrals and software to kick out the reports, and it was $400/hour average. This was in 2019, so it may be a bit better now. I know they are charging ~5x for the service, so I lost interest in going that route quickly. If you don’t know what you’re doing and not established, it would be good pay while early on the learning curve.

I had an attending that developed his own program to make reports from life expectancy tables/medicare data, which he used to print money. He was making 7 figs in this part time hustle.

These are probably the 2 extremes.

My husband met a PM&R doc who charges $900/hr and seems to be the local go-to physician. Good CV and all that. They also accompany the patient to their appointments/exams and bill for that time. Like all things legal I’m assuming you need to develop a good relationship with lawyers.

Members don't see this ad.

Can we get back to deposition and clinical narrative charges please?

I appreciate the answers so far but just a couple have put in their two cents on deposition and clinical narrative charges.

$7K?????????????

They won't be doing any more.

I always charged $1500 per hour; free if under 20 minutes.
I would recommend against doing it for free unless you are dependent on attorney relationships for your business-although I would first consult an attorney to make sure this would not be considered a kickback
7k may seem outrageous but free market economics should drive costs
Likely anyone charging 7k may be on the high end of the curve, but I don’t think that is outrageous

yes. The way the plaintiff lawyer put it to me was he was doing me a favor to do this video deposition on a time somewhat convenient to me. rather than subpoena me to the trial which would waste a lot more time for me... and he made a point during his questioning of me during the deposition that I am not being paid for my testimony. I was maybe hoping that he was going to give me a check after it was over for my great work but that thought quickly got blown out
You got hustled

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users