Global Disrobal--How was the first week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dj_smooth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how the first week went...nerve racking??

Members don't see this ad.

Nice to hear from you. Hope things are going well with you at SMU! Decided on what you're going to apply for?

As for the first week, it was actually awesome, although I am not used to this whole idea of being called Dr...

Our program actually made it much more easier to blend in by having a week long orientation outside that of the hospital's. The first day we met with all the residents and faculty. The second was a clinic on suturing and knot tying. The others were meeting (as a group) 1/2 hour with each faculty to learn about their division, expectations, etc. Once all that was said and done, it seemed like the nervous part was out of the way. However, the first day jitters, first surgery gastritis, and first call colitis were not too far back aparently.

As I get more into this year, I will post some pearls for you guys in hopes that it'll help the rest of you out (ie how to steal more scrubs than they give you :D ) I am just curious to see how these first few months pan out.

The funny thing is that you get assigned a medical student from the get go...Blind leading the blind :laugh:

have a good one and hoep to hear from other new-bies out there.