give few lines on your favorite 5 peds residency programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys...well i have been hearing all kind of things when someone asks for best or img friendly or good pediatric programs or favorite programs........well......i am looking for this answer for so long. you guys are absolutely right that best program is best suits for you...it may mean good teaching...good patient diversity and good exposure....good area and good pay.....good reputation...research.....well a lot of things which many sites who conduct review on this program has.

but how to find answer to all these questions..................dont tell me go to freida.com...or call programs....not all information u can get from these sources.....freida.com info is fine but what abour other questions like a posted.........it can only be gathered by talking with few residents in each program or from advise from some native.......or someone who gave interview there
how is teaching?
is it malignant? how is pd?
how is the area?
what is the reputation
what about fellowship chances
Atmosphere
Research Opportunities
International graduates how many in last few years
Average hours worked per week for PGY-..not so called hours posted on freida.com
Ancillary Staff Support..i have heard it is horrible at some places
Patient Diversity

anyone having any info on any program can post there views regarding this. this is the basic goal behind asking which are the best programs....even one liners on programs can help

even discussions like how important is free standing children hospital ?
university based programs beter or not? and if yes which community programs are good even when compared to few universities.

so can u guys start throwing light on this subjects and give few lines on all programs that you know of. you must have searched atleast few before applying to some.......

Members don't see this ad.