Gifts for CI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tutugirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on my first clinical and was wondering if students usually give gifts to their CI at the end? I know they don't get a stipend for being a CI and with Covid I was really glad they allowed me to complete my scheduled clinical. What's the norm?

Members don't see this ad.

When in doubt, buy food and/or coffee. You could possibly come in on a Friday with a 12 pack of ice cream sandwiches or drumsticks. That way it'll keep and will not go to waste like other foods.

I'm on my first clinical and was wondering if students usually give gifts to their CI at the end? I know they don't get a stipend for being a CI and with Covid I was really glad they allowed me to complete my scheduled clinical. What's the norm?
It isn't expected. I gave one a card because I genuinely wanted to thank him. I know they don't get a stipend, but you also just paid thousands of dollars to be there, so don't feel too bad. I think a card or a foody type gift is perfectly appropriate, but not expected or required.