Getting worried about the language of racism in healthcare...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sense a disturbance in the force. I think after the mob is done with the police, that healthcare is the next target of their wrath.

No better time to be bunkered down in the lab or better yet at home! Remote sign outs forever!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I sense a disturbance in the force. I think after the mob is done with the police, that healthcare is the next target of their wrath.

No better time to be bunkered down in the lab or better yet at home! Remote sign outs forever!
I love how people are not touching this topic even in an anonymous platform!;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Because it is not really relevant to the topic of this platform.

Not sure I totally agree. My significant other is of Asian descent (looks Asian but American as apple pie) and I worry. A colleague of mine was verbally harassed for being Asian and another was spat on. Makes my blood boil...

Not sure I totally agree. My significant other is of Asian descent (looks Asian but American as apple pie) and I worry. A colleague of mine was verbally harassed for being Asian and another was spat on. Makes my blood boil...
I still don't see how it is relevant to a pathology forum.

Bl

Black lives matter. Systemic racism (subtle or overt)present everywhere including our profession. It is relevant to every forum.

What is the ethnicity/race of people who attacked them (verbally, I hope)?

Mods, I believe this is irrelevant to this forum and is inviting a flame war. Perhaps this irrelevant thread should be shut.
I’m all for free speech but this will go nowhere useful or good.

Reactions: 1 users

While neither of the two people I mentioned were pathologists, there are quite a few Asian pathologists out there and I fear for their safety. This is in addition to the low level, everyday racism they experience.

So, for all the Asian pathologists out there: Have you experienced racism recently, especially due to the Covid19 pandemic?

While neither of the two people I mentioned were pathologists, there are quite a few Asian pathologists out there and I fear for their safety. This is in addition to the low level, everyday racism they experience.

So, for all the Asian pathologists out there: Have you experienced racism recently, especially due to the Covid19 pandemic?

Asian AP registrar / resident here.

When I was in a taxi in the city earlier this year, the taxi driver asked me where I "really" came from, where I was born, where I did high school and university, and was grilling me about my recent travel history and my relatives' travel history.

I can understand the anxiety, but I suspect if I was caucasian, he wouldn't have asked me so many questions...

Let's please keep discussions on topic. There are other forums on this site for more general discussions, politics, healthcare in general, etc. Will leave this open for now.

Let's please keep discussions on topic. There are other forums on this site for more general discussions, politics, healthcare in general, etc. Will leave this open for now.

You are a brave man Yaah!