Private Equity in Healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since it’s been discussed here before, here’s an informative article discussing private equity in healthcare.

Members don't see this ad.

PE and hospitals are killing off competition. PE pretty much too over derm in my area and gyn docs. Expect all the GI specimens to go to a mothership lab someplace. The days of the in-office lab are OVER. If you work at an in-office lab better start shopping for equipment to cut down trees or some other business.

Crap in a box is my advice for screening.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
PE and hospitals are killing off competition. PE pretty much too over derm in my area and gyn docs. Expect all the GI specimens to go to a mothership lab someplace. The days of the in-office lab are OVER. If you work at an in-office lab better start shopping for equipment to cut down trees or some other business.

Crap in a box is my advice for screening.
I loved the part about shopping for equipment to cut down trees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Webb is spot on. I was chuckling last month when I placed my Cologuard box on the counter at my local UPS office store. The box contained a steaming loaf I had taken earlier in the morning. It was fun pouring the preservative solution over the top of it. I had to hold back because Cologuard recommends the volume of turd not exceed the volume of preservative solution. The UPS lady behind the desk was smiling and eager to take my package. I never saw a bill from blue cross. They were happy to pay it - much cheaper than colonoscopy.

FIT test, cologuard. Or you could invent a 5 foot long brush and submit a cytopath specimen to make up for all the lost accessions cytopath is going through. Screw getting expensive colonoscopies.

You think the cologuard lab is a revolving door for lab workers? :vomit:

What PE is doing is no different than what hospitals and the super groups have been doing. The goal is to create a monopoly.

Last edited: