Getting Ultra-Specific...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djw10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm set to start D school in the fall, and am SERIOUSLY considering using the military to pay my way, hopefully the AF but I'd be okay with the Army/Navy too. But, I really want to hear from someone (preferably female) who has gone/is going through the program. What are the 45 days of service like while you're in school? What is active duty like once you're done with school? Did you find anything out after signing up that you wish you would have known beforehand? What do you like most/least about it?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I want to know what I'm getting into before I actually sign up - and, hear it from someone who isn't being paid by the government to get me to sign up for it. THANK YOU!!

Members don't see this ad.

First off, i am a male in the Navy been in for 5 years.

But regardless, no one here is “getting paid” to endorse our experiences in the military.

It is either you love serving for your country or you are just in it to make ends meet to achieve your goal which is to become a medical professional.

As for answering your question:

45 days of active duty can be as chill as you want it to be: meaning just staying at school while getting paid active duty pay OR utilize it to visit residency programs and meet other dentists in the military to learn from what they bring to the table and how you can be like them (if your plan is to stay in for the long term)

As for the nitty gritty details please search around the forums to get your answers as they have been answered multiple times.

You can PM me for any specific questions you may have.

Reactions: 1 user
First off, i am a male in the Navy been in for 5 years.

But regardless, no one here is “getting paid” to endorse our experiences in the military.

It is either you love serving for your country or you are just in it to make ends meet to achieve your goal which is to become a medical professional.

As for answering your question:

45 days of active duty can be as chill as you want it to be: meaning just staying at school while getting paid active duty pay OR utilize it to visit residency programs and meet other dentists in the military to learn from what they bring to the table and how you can be like them (if your plan is to stay in for the long term)

As for the nitty gritty details please search around the forums to get your answers as they have been answered multiple times.

You can PM me for any specific questions you may have.
Lol this was posted over 14 years ago...

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users