Getting started!!! Who's with me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lululeblue26

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Hoping I've officially found a place where I can talk to others who are also looking to achieve similar goals in life. I'm 26 and a mother to an 8 year old boy. I'm finally getting started on my path to becoming a Veterinarian. It's been my life long dream and it honestly takes a lot of motivation, time, and dedication to achieve. I wouldn't have made it fresh out of high school but I'm more than ready now! So, I'm looking for tips! Or to meet others who are still very early in their journey. Currently enrolling at a community college to get my Associates of Science degree and transfer over to a University to get my Bachelors of science. So during these 4-5 years, I want to get all of my prerequisites done as well as clinic time. This is currently my goal. Simply trying to get into (preferably) Purdue's College of Vet medicine. Any tips or general information is very much what I'm looking for so let's talk! I have a long road ahead of me but I'm so ready!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! That is fantastic, keep that motivation! I finished up my bachelors last year and I am applying to vet school this year. Although we aren't in similar predicaments I think all vet hopefuls should know that the journey doesn't need to be straight and narrow - all of our unique experiences will make us better vets!! It's great that you've taken the first step! Good luck at school :)

Hi everyone! Hoping I've officially found a place where I can talk to others who are also looking to achieve similar goals in life. I'm 26 and a mother to an 8 year old boy. I'm finally getting started on my path to becoming a Veterinarian. It's been my life long dream and it honestly takes a lot of motivation, time, and dedication to achieve. I wouldn't have made it fresh out of high school but I'm more than ready now! So, I'm looking for tips! Or to meet others who are still very early in their journey. Currently enrolling at a community college to get my Associates of Science degree and transfer over to a University to get my Bachelors of science. So during these 4-5 years, I want to get all of my prerequisites done as well as clinic time. This is currently my goal. Simply trying to get into (preferably) Purdue's College of Vet medicine. Any tips or general information is very much what I'm looking for so let's talk! I have a long road ahead of me but I'm so ready!

Welcome to SDN! There is a TON of information to be found - you can browse threads through the search function on particular topics. Another recently launched website with more generalized info can be found here :)