How to be a Veterinarian through a degree from India ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT2024-2027

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello what are the steps that someone should take in order to be a veterinarian in USA that has completed a veterinary program in india ? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello what are the steps that someone should take in order to be a veterinarian in USA that has completed a veterinary program in india ? Thank you
I think you'll have to complete the ECFVG, which is the exam & certification process for foreign-educated veterinarians. It's fairly expensive and a pretty rigorous process to go through - and you'll still need to do the state board exam for wherever you'll be practicing afterward.

There's a lot of info on their website: Educational commission for foreign veterinary graduates

Reactions: 1 user
I think you'll have to complete the ECFVG, which is the exam & certification process for foreign-educated veterinarians. It's fairly expensive and a pretty rigorous process to go through - and you'll still need to do the state board exam for wherever you'll be practicing afterward.

There's a lot of info on their website: Educational commission for foreign veterinary graduates
My relative completed her bachelors in veterinary science in india and she started her masters program in veterinary. She probably have to go through the whole application process right ?