Get paid to educate mid-level providers on your schedule, from home

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nightingale Get Well LLC

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This posting is about something that every family hates, but can't avoid…

Pink eye, ear aches, coughs, colds, and fevers: We believe healthcare can be faster, more convenient, and still be affordable. Nightingale sends a nurse practitioner to the patient's home and on their schedule…helping the family get well soon.

The idea of sending a doctor out on a house call is not a new one. What's changing today is a combination of the expanding role of (lower cost) nurse practitioners, along with a normalization of strangers coming into your home (through services like Uber and AirBnB).

Nightingale makes use of these changes to bring healthcare into a setting, the home, where it wasn't previously economical. We help a lot of people who aren't being served by the current system.

How does Nightingale work with physicians? We engage collaborating physicians to provide educational opportunities to help our mid-level providers grow as medical professionals. This is a great opportunity for a resident or fellow to get extra clinical exposure, and make some extra money to help with those student loans :)

What's required of Nightingale collaborating physicians?

- Licensed to practice internal medicine, family practice, or pediatrics in Ohio
- Be available by phone or email for short consultations at times you schedule
- Currently collaborating with less than 5 nurse practitioners
- Passionate about sharing your knowledge!

Education sessions typically last 15 minutes or less and occur as needed during your availability. We also ask you to conduct one chart review training session every three months. You will be paid between $100 and $200 for each one.

If this sounds like you, just email [email protected] with the subject "I'd like to collaborate" (or PM me here!)

You can read more about Nightingale on our website: www.nightingalegetwell.com

---
Frequently asked questions:

> Will this go on my malpractice insurance? Am I liable if a nurse makes a mistake?
- No, your role is only as an educator and consultant. Nightingale nurses hold their own malpractice insurance and bear the burden for their own clinical decisions.

> Will I be on-call 24/7?
- Nope! You set the hours you'll be available for consult. This simply means being accessible by phone in the rare event that a nurse would need to contact you. We fit the nurse's' schedule to your availability.

> Do I have to be physically present to collaborate?
- No, in fact you can't be! All Nightingale sessions are conducted remotely either by email, or by phone call.

> How often will I see patients?
- Collaborating physicians never see patients. Your role as a consultant is to educate the nurses, and provide guidance as requested.

> Do the nurses prescribe controlled substances?
- Nightingale nurses use a very restricted formulary: No controlled substances, no pseudoephedrine, and only drugs that are appropriate for low acuity symptoms in otherwise healthy patients. Any patient that requires a more complex medication therapy or who is unresponsive to initial treatment is directed to their primary care provider or urgent care services for further follow up care.

> Do the nurses change current medications?
- No changes are made to a patient's current medications. Nightingale is not a replacement for the proper management of chronic conditions by a patient's primary physician!

Still reading? You should send me an email or PM, and I'll answer your questions: [email protected]

Talk to you soon :)

Members don't see this ad.