Job seeker - entry level ophthalmic assistant or medical scribe (any specialty in human medicine) - Houston, San Antonio, or Austin (Texas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apprentice of St. Luke

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I do not have any paid experience in medicine (some volunteer service in a charity eye clinic summers ago and also at a local family medicine clinic a decade ago); I am simultaneously seeking additional clinical experience as well as money to pay for expenses.

I am seeking a full time position, though I am willing to accept part time (about three or four shifts per week) if it pays well.

My background:

Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (2009)
Ophthalmic Medical Assisting: An Independent Study Course (American Academy of Ophthalmology - 2016)
Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (2016)
Medical scribe training courses (general scribing knowledge, neonatal ICU, general surgery, emergency medicine - 2021, 2022)

Able to serve full time until January 2024 or the summer of that year, after which I plan on returning to the University of Houston - Main Campus to work on prerequisites for MD/DO school.

It needs to be in the city proper due to my dependency on the bus/Uber/Lyft for transportation, though I do have a valid Texas Driver License.

I am able to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship (U.S. citizen).

Clean criminal record and no vehicle citations in one and a half decades (since 2004).

I can do video interviews (currently live in the Texas Panhandle near the Oklahoma border and work in fast food).

And yes, for the record, I was offered a part time position with Scribe America last week; I appreciate the offer, but the pay combined with the part time work week really could not justify for me moving back to Houston (there are now five medical schools in that area, which is reason enough for me to want to go back there - I was there in 2018 and 2019 - with various other reasons besides).

Full resume available with good references from my current managers (again, non-healthcare in nature).

This is SDN, so I trust I will not be flooded with MLMs and the like.

Available to start in October.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: