Georgetown vs Univ of Maryland vs Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscure

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm going through the interview trail for IM residency and so far these programs have stuck out to me as my favorites. But, they've all honestly seemed similar in many ways. Doximity gives a pretty clear ranking that Jefferson >> Maryland >/= Georgetown.

I try to take Doximity rankings with a grain of salt though. Does anyone has experience with these programs to suggest one over the other? Not entirely sure what I'm interested in, but I'm between specializing into GI vs remaining a hospitalist.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I'm going through the interview trail for IM residency and so far these programs have stuck out to me as my favorites. But, they've all honestly seemed similar in many ways. Doximity gives a pretty clear ranking that Jefferson >> Maryland >/= Georgetown.

I try to take Doximity rankings with a grain of salt though. Does anyone has experience with these programs to suggest one over the other? Not entirely sure what I'm interested in, but I'm between specializing into GI vs remaining a hospitalist.

I know nothing about Jefferson, but from my experience training and practicing in the DC/MD area, Maryland >> G’town. Yes, it’s a tough population in Baltimore and there’s little question DC >( >>>) B’more from a living perspective. But for IM training, I feel Maryland is consistently stronger than Georgetown. There are good opportunities at both, and Cards and GI are probably Georgetown’s strengths (much of it at Washington Hospital Center), so it wouldn’t be a wrong choice at all. But I have been impressed with Maryland after an away rotation, residency interview, and then seeing graduates and fellows transition into practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.