This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringsike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this since it's not quite Pre-Med and there isn't a separate forum for Nutrition either-- I guess "Pre-Health" is the best way to label where I am right now.

In any case, I'm interested in pursuing the MS in Nutrition program at George Mason University, and I was wondering whether there is anyone out there who is:

A. currently in the program (if so, how is it so far?), or
B. graduated from the program (if so, what career path have you taken and where are you now?), or
C. if you haven't been in this program but know or have heard anything about it, please share what you know! Even your thoughts on the program would be helpful.

I don't quite know yet what I'd like to focus on within nutrition, but I do know that this MS in Nutrition program at GMU requires you to choose between doing a thesis or a practicum. I'm not too big on research, so I will most likely lean the practicum route, but I'm curious to know where others have done their practicum throughout their time in the program.

Also, just as a general question, what do people generally do (career-wise) once they attain their MS degree in Nutrition (excluding RD/research)? I'm just trying to get a better feel before I start the application process.

Any words of wisdom from those who are experienced in this field would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.