Genesys PM&S-36 in Grand Blanc, Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willcott

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the Genesys Regional Medical Center 3 year surgical residency in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
If anyone out there has any inside knowledge of this program--whether it be externship, rotation, or residency--I would love to hear about it; even if it's personal experience or anecdotal info from a friend.
Specifically, does anyone know if students or residents are exposed to an adequate breadth of pathologies (for board certification or eligibility purposes)? Do residents have a family life? Are residents required to perform research? Do the residents like the people/ professional atmosphere?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
-Bill

Members don't see this ad.

I can only talk about the numbers, each program must meet the CPME standard for case load. As for part III of the boards from what I understand you must have your DPM and then each state may have a few other requirements (such as competition of residency), but you do not need case numbers. The surgical boards you do need case numbers for but those numbers come from your practice, so to speed along your certification you need a busy practice. This is how I understand the process but I will let more experienced minds correct me or fill in any gaps I left.

Also, if you go to www.aacpm.org, you can get more info on any residency/externship.

Willcott said:
I am interested in the Genesys Regional Medical Center 3 year surgical residency in Grand Blanc, Michigan.
If anyone out there has any inside knowledge of this program--whether it be externship, rotation, or residency--I would love to hear about it; even if it's personal experience or anecdotal info from a friend.
Specifically, does anyone know if students or residents are exposed to an adequate breadth of pathologies (for board certification or eligibility purposes)? Do residents have a family life? Are residents required to perform research? Do the residents like the people/ professional atmosphere?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
-Bill

I'm in Michigan right now. The rumor on Genesys is that it is a good general podiatry program. You won't see tons of trauma or rare pathology but you will get your numbers. That's what I've heard anyway.

In reality, the only way to find out is to go extern there.

jonwill said:
I'm in Michigan right now. The rumor on Genesys is that it is a good general podiatry program. You won't see tons of trauma or rare pathology but you will get your numbers. That's what I've heard anyway.

In reality, the only way to find out is to go extern there.

"Boo, creepy foot doctor" "Hooray, Jonwill and Dr. Feelgood"
Thanks for the info.