General Surgery in germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColombiaMD0222

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I´m MD from colombia, I want to do my training in general surgery in germany. I want to know what is the quality of the formation in germany. What i need to do to begin my training there.
Beside I want to know the diference between general surgery and visceral surgery there.

Thank.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a US based forum and therefore you are unlikely to find any advice here. However we do have an International Forum with a European sub forum where perhaps you might find someone who can help.

There's really no distinction between visceral (probably just an older name, it means you are performing surgery on internal organs) or general surgery.

For Germany you'll have to be fluent in German at first. That's a good start I think. There are also programs that can help you into the system, even though these are mostly designed for doctors wanting a career in family medicine etc. Surgery is very competitive in Germany. You will probably have a hard time matching into it since you are 1) not from Germany and 2) not from an European country (European Union you know..).

Reactions: 1 user