General question about AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fingerscrossedd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, so please move this thread if I haven't posted it in the right area----

Just wondering: if you submit your AMCAS before your MCAT score comes in, do medical schools not look at it until they receive your test scores? So, say if I submitted my application but my scores don't come in for three weeks--am I better off just waiting to submit it in two weeks, and spending the time in between looking over my app? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Newbie here, so please move this thread if I haven't posted it in the right area----

Just wondering: if you submit your AMCAS before your MCAT score comes in, do medical schools not look at it until they receive your test scores? So, say if I submitted my application but my scores don't come in for three weeks--am I better off just waiting to submit it in two weeks, and spending the time in between looking over my app? Thanks!

You should never sacrifice quality in order to submit your application earlier. However, if your application is as polished as you can get it, go ahead and SUBMIT NOW even without the MCAT score. While you are correct that the app will not be reviewed by schools just yet, you do need to take into account the number of weeks it will take for AMCAS to verify your application before it's even submitted to schools. Verification means that AMCAS compares your coursework on the application with your transcripts to make sure your grades and classifications were entered correctly.

For future reference, you can post stuff like this in the official AMCAS questions thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=823760

Hey! I am kinda in same boat. I am re-taking the mcat at the end of this month and I have already sent in my application, received a couple of secondaries. I will be verified this week and the secondaries will flood in. About 80% of the colleges I have applied to dont pre-screen or anything. As long as you are verified, you will be sent secondaries. By the time you receive your MCAT score, you will have finished those secondaries and things will be back on track.
for the quality of application, I had showed it to about 6-7 people in medical field/medical students. So they all had approved my app, and I was confident in their inputs. Thus I submitted my applciaiton early.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.