Gas Station Heroin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Paywalled. read about the drug itself here: Tianeptine - Wikipedia Interesting compound but certainly shouldn't be available OTC. Looks like several states have outlawed/scheduled it but the vast majority haven't taken action.

Members don't see this ad :)
No stopping this

Poppy seeds contain residues of morphine and codeine alkaloids which naturally occur in the poppy plant, papaver somniferum.

All you would have to do is buy a big box of seeds and make some poppy tea to extract the residues. People have OD'd from this and the gov is trying to regulate it.

You can also buy the seeds to plant which are legal for the most part. It's simple to grow and can grow almost everywhere in the US. People are growing poppy because they like the flower but most don't realize that the pods contain opiates. Gov tried to regulate this too but will never succeed because people like me who are into horticulture have and will fight against it.

most of the poppy seed we buy should not be able to make us high.

as you note, the contaminant is the concern and most poppy seeds that are sold for consumption should be washed (to get rid of the contaminating latex).

of note, the plants are considered a Schedule II product. so in essence it is regulated. the DEA and DOJ have arrested and jailed people for possession of poppy plants.

If you want to make it more attractive to young people just tell them it’s illegal and they shouldn’t do it.. hard to regulate morality. I mean you can just huff glue if you really want.

Also most poppies sold commercially aren't somniferum sp., so even if you grow them and harvest the latex, it won't contain opium.

most of the poppy seed we buy should not be able to make us high.

as you note, the contaminant is the concern and most poppy seeds that are sold for consumption should be washed (to get rid of the contaminating latex).

of note, the plants are considered a Schedule II product. so in essence it is regulated. the DEA and DOJ have arrested and jailed people for possession of poppy plants.
Most obviously won't but there's enough abuse that boozman wants to pass the Stephen Hacala Poppy Seed Safety Act.

Technically illegal but not enforced. If you cut them to drain and extract the latex that's a different story but most people don't do that.

People grow them all the time and throughout the US, including in the wild. I've seen them near a park where I brought my kids.

Gov, if they tried, will be as successful at destroying this plant as it was at destroying cannabis which of course is now marching towards legalization. If the gov takes action to do away with the plant, it will create more publicity for it and have the opposite effect. Right now, most people fortunately don't realize how readily available this plant is and how easy it is to grow. It even seems like the second seller below has no ethical concerns with his marketing.

again, most of the poppy sold in the US are specifically cultivated to have little or no latex that one can get opium from.

apparently, you need 2 hectares of "normal" poppy plants to get a kilogram of heroin.

ie roughly 5 acres to produce 1 kg.

in other words, your typical 10x10 garden would generate 0.9mg of heroin or 1/10 of a dime bag.

(a dime bag has roughly 10 mg of heroin).

it would be a lot more for those poppy plants that are less latex producing, of course.

again, most of the poppy sold in the US are specifically cultivated to have little or no latex that one can get opium from.

apparently, you need 2 hectares of "normal" poppy plants to get a kilogram of heroin.

ie roughly 5 acres to produce 1 kg.

in other words, your typical 10x10 garden would generate 0.9mg of heroin or 1/10 of a dime bag.

(a dime bag has roughly 10 mg of heroin).

it would be a lot more for those poppy plants that are less latex producing, of course.
I think you're oversimplifying it. Horticulturalists have selected the poppy to concentrate on big beautiful flowers because that's the cultivars that they're after. Usually, when you breed for one characteristic it comes at the expense of another one, such as opioid levels. However, it wouldn't be difficult to find varieties that have higher concentrations of opiate alkaloids if that's what I was after. Nor would it be difficult to breed this from a few generations of plants. There's no way the gov can control or differentiate the seeds unless they start genetically testing for it which is probably not a practical solution.

Bottom line, gov can't stop opioids and definitely can't stop the cultivation of poppy in the US. The main reason people don't grow opium is because there's the false assumption that the plant can only grow in southeast Asia. It's probably better this way.

what point are you exactly trying to make?

to reiterate - i doubt very few people in the us is cultivating poppy for heroin production in the US. i have also posted that the amount of poppy needed to make a sizable amount to sell on the street is almost astronomical for normal gardeners.

but i have posted 2 cases where people were prosecuted for growing poppy plants - opium from poppy is a Schedule II drug.

go ahead, grow acres of poppy. you'll need that much to sell heroin on the street.

but dont be surprised in that case if the feds come knocking at your door.

or grow a few poppy plants here and there and noone will pay you any attention. because theres none to be had in that.

what point are you exactly trying to make?

"Bottom line, gov can't stop opioids and definitely can't stop the cultivation of poppy in the US. The main reason people don't grow opium is because there's the false assumption that the plant can only grow in southeast Asia. It's probably better this way."

as i said before, the government can stop people from growing poppy for opioids. you can be arrested for growing and cultivating poppy straw to produce opium and heroin. you can be arrested for the suspicion you are growing poppy to make opium.

they arent going to arrest the average gardener for possessing a poppy plant. they arent going to stop people from having poppy seeds on their bagels. but they are going to stop people from cultivation of opium from poppy plants.

so what you are saying is incorrect. i know what you believe, but it is incorrect.

more examples.

Members don't see this ad :)
as i said before, the government can stop people from growing poppy for opioids. you can be arrested for growing and cultivating poppy straw to produce opium and heroin. you can be arrested for the suspicion you are growing poppy to make opium.

they arent going to arrest the average gardener for possessing a poppy plant. they arent going to stop people from having poppy seeds on their bagels. but they are going to stop people from cultivation of opium from poppy plants.

so what you are saying is incorrect. i know what you believe, but it is incorrect.

more examples.

They can stop it just like they stopped people from growing cannabis in the US. Gov eventually accepted defeat and is now legalizing it.

Posting a few articles of people being arrested is meaningless because you're overlooking those who haven't been arrested. Besides, growing and scoring poppy for yourself year round with grow lights in your own home if need be is different than mass production to distribute.

The gov can't stop it and the only reason home grown opium is not more wide spread is because people lack the awareness of how easy it is to grow here. Most law enforcement and people in general wouldn't even know how to identify these plants.

I can easily grow lots of drugs if I wanted to including cannabis and psilocybin. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to grow or raise the majority of the hundreds of psychoactive plants and animals out there.

They can stop it just like they stopped people from growing cannabis in the US. Gov eventually accepted defeat and is now legalizing it.

Posting a few articles of people being arrested is meaningless because you're overlooking those who haven't been arrested. Besides, growing and scoring poppy for yourself year round with grow lights in your own home if need be is different than mass production to distribute.

The gov can't stop it and the only reason home grown opium is not more wide spread is because people lack the awareness of how easy it is to grow here. Most law enforcement and people in general wouldn't even know how to identify these plants.

I can easily grow lots of drugs if I wanted to including cannabis and psilocybin. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to figure out how to grow or raise the majority of the hundreds of psychoactive plants and animals out there.
My brother grew mushrooms years ago. Very potent mushrooms. We used to get them from our farm, but we got rid of the cattle so that goldmine dried up.

The problem with opium is the processing of the opium latex. That requires at least some level of expertise, whereas growing shrooms or cannabis is easy. You don't have to do anything really.

Besides, growing and scoring poppy for yourself year round with grow lights in your own home if need be is different than mass production to distribute.
that is my point exactly, with the exception of scoring it.

but the government does make illegal use of opium and growing mass production. which goes against your blanket statement that they cant stop you.

you can grow all the illegal drugs you want. you can probably use all the illegal drugs you grow.
you can also get arrested for them if you are trying to sell them.

good luck with that.

My brother grew mushrooms years ago. Very potent mushrooms. We used to get them from our farm, but we got rid of the cattle so that goldmine dried up.

The problem with opium is the processing of the opium latex. That requires at least some level of expertise, whereas growing shrooms or cannabis is easy. You don't have to do anything really.
Which type, psilocybe cubenis? Are you Georgia? I thought they don't grow there. I know they don't grow where I am. I've looked for them on my farm after a rain but they're easy enough to grow in a homemade styrofoam terrarium anyway.

Opium isn't difficult to extract. Processing it into diacetylmorphine is a process but using the straight morphine, codeine alkaloids isn't complicated. To keep things in perspective, look up Hul Gil, the "joy plant.". This is what the Sumerians referred to poppy 3500 years ago. If they can do it, I think we can do it too.

that is my point exactly, with the exception of scoring it.

but the government does make illegal use of opium and growing mass production. which goes against your blanket statement that they cant stop you.

you can grow all the illegal drugs you want. you can probably use all the illegal drugs you grow.
you can also get arrested for them if you are trying to sell them.

good luck with that.
Why do I always feel that most conversations with you are so strange and difficult? You're the only one in here that I feel that way about but maybe it's just me. I still like the back and forth with you either way.

I'm trying to say that you can't stop someone from using opioids if they want to. Shut down the gas station molecule and they'll move on to the next thing, such as growing it or poppy tea. Don't make it more complicated.

By scoring I mean making a cut in it.

Which type, psilocybe cubenis? Are you Georgia? I thought they don't grow there. I know they don't grow where I am. I've looked for them on my farm after a rain but they're easy enough to grow in a homemade styrofoam terrarium anyway.

Opium isn't difficult to extract. Processing it into diacetylmorphine is a process but using the straight morphine, codeine alkaloids isn't complicated. To keep things in perspective, look up Hul Gil, the "joy plant.". This is what the Sumerians referred to poppy 3500 years ago. If they can do it, I think we can do it too.

Opium history is a personal interest of mine. It isn't hard to process opium into morphine, codeine etc, but you do have to learn how to do it.

Shrooms don't grow in GA? Hahaha. Dude...Our farm used to produce nuclear-powered mushrooms. Make you wonder if you're dead or alive.

Why do I always feel that most conversations with you are so strange and difficult? You're the only one in here that I feel that way about but maybe it's just me. I still like the back and forth with you either way.

I'm trying to say that you can't stop someone from using opioids if they want to. Shut down the gas station molecule and they'll move on to the next thing, such as growing it or poppy tea. Don't make it more complicated.

By scoring I mean making a cut in it.
you dont have to grow poppy to get opioids. thats the hard way.

there are at least 500 people off the top of my schedule head that can tell me where to get some.

or just go down to your neighborhood kratom shop. that s&$t still legal.

Confessions of an Opium Eater. Yall ever read that?

Opium history is a personal interest of mine. It isn't hard to process opium into morphine, codeine etc, but you do have to learn how to do it.

Shrooms don't grow in GA? Hahaha. Dude...Our farm used to produce nuclear-powered mushrooms. Make you wonder if you're dead or alive.
¡Ay dios, DIAAABLO! Lol.

Do you know the species or genus by any chance? Was it p cubensis?

I thought its distribution was limited to the southern US and not north of Florida. i could be wrong.

Just curious so am interested in knowing. I like to forage and mushroom hunt for legal ones but it would be cool to find them in my cattle pasture.

you dont have to grow poppy to get opioids. thats the hard way.

there are at least 500 people off the top of my schedule head that can tell me where to get some.

or just go down to your neighborhood kratom shop. that s&$t still legal.
Yeah but it is fun growing stuff. I'll probably grow breadseed just for the sake of growing it. It's very enjoyable and makes a real pretty flower.

I don't like the idea of any entity trying to control plants or even seeds for that matter. No one should have that power.

Look, even God agrees with me, smack dab at the beginning, lol

Genesis 1:29

¡Ay dios, DIAAABLO! Lol.

Do you know the species or genus by any chance? Was it p cubensis?

I thought its distribution was limited to the southern US and not north of Florida. i could be wrong.

Just curious so am interested in knowing. I like to forage and mushroom hunt for legal ones but it would be cool to find them in my cattle pasture.
I'm not sure man.

They were almost as good as the ones we bought in pharmacies in Okinawa, which were skull crushing, mind-bending potency. Terrifying for the first 45 min, then the greatest fun you'd ever have for 4-5 hours.

I was in 9th grade and my brother (4 yrs older) came home with a garbage bag of mushrooms. Prob 500 caps in there. He would sell them at college parties.

Edit: Haha. I left Okinawa in April of 2002 and went to Lejeune. Banned 2 months later!

1000026418.jpg

I'm not sure man.

They were almost as good as the ones we bought in pharmacies in Okinawa, which were skull crushing, mind-bending potency. Terrifying for the first 45 min, then the greatest fun you'd ever have for 4-5 hours.

I was in 9th grade and my brother (4 yrs older) came home with a garbage bag of mushrooms. Prob 500 caps in there. He would sell them at college parties.

Edit: Haha. I left Okinawa in April of 2002 and went to Lejeune. Banned 2 months later!

View attachment 381610
Dayum, that's pretty hardcore. Well beyond me. I just like to grow and find. I fear my brain would melt if I did what you've done, lol!

I'm not sure man.

View attachment 381610
I think I may have posted this before, but apropos...

1706293856288.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah but it is fun growing stuff. I'll probably grow breadseed just for the sake of growing it. It's very enjoyable and makes a real pretty flower.

I don't like the idea of any entity trying to control plants or even seeds for that matter. No one should have that power.

Look, even God agrees with me, smack dab at the beginning, lol

Genesis 1:29
Lol, God also literally banned a plant as one of the first things he did.