GA-PCOM CLASS OF 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seazy995

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm creating this thread to just keep all updated on acceptances waitlists and etc. I interviewed recently and am waiting on a decision. They said our letter would be mailed to us and the last interview bunch was interviewed Feb 1st. So, if anyone gets any updates or would like to know anything keep it posted please!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied as well but I have not heard anything from them , I am about to call them monday to see whats going on ? the application deadline is march 15th

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to them as well, and I haven’t heard anything back. I hope we will soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied as well but I have not heard anything from them , I am about to call them monday to see whats going on ? the application deadline is march 15th

I called today and I was told it could possible take 2-4 weeks before hearing anything back after our applications have been submitted.

Not the best.
Cum & Pre req a 3.4
GRE 293 (145 V 148 Q) overall 4.0AW
What about you?

Not the best.
Cum & Pre req a 3.4
GRE 293 (145 V 148 Q) overall 4.0AW
What about you?

I was interviewed last Friday 2/1.

My stats:
Cumulative and Pre-req: 3.4
GRE 300 AW 4.5
With over 4 years of technician experience as well as over 100 total hours of observation in Pediatrics, Skilled Nursing Facility, Outpatient, as well as several research hours.

Last edited:

My stats:
GRE 300 AW 4.5
With over 4 years of technician experience as well as over 100 total hours of observation in Pediatrics, Skilled Nursing Facility, Outpatient, as well as several research hours.

How far in advance were you notified about your interview? Also, how long after submitting everything? I am also working as a Tech right now.

How far in advance were you notified about your interview? Also, how long after submitting everything? I am also working as a Tech right now.

2 weeks. I submitted my PTCAS and Supplemental in December, but it took my references awhile to get their letters written on letterhead. But once all of the info got in I received an email the next day.

2 weeks. I submitted my PTCAS and Supplemental in December, but it took my references awhile to get their letters written on letterhead. But once all of the info got in I received an email the next day.

I got everything turned in on the 10th of January, and I haven't heard anything. Hopefully I will hear something by the end of this week or early next week.

UPDATE - Got my acceptance call this afternoon!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you haven't heard from PCOM it may be a blessing in disguise for you. I was apart of that inaugural PT class. While the facilities are nice some of the teachers are not who you think they are. I just made a post about PCOM DPT explaining some of the details of this.

I am a minority student and I read your entire post, with that being said, I will not bother nor attend that institution anymore

If you would like more information on this program feel free to PM me.

I was accepted to PCOM and was told by friends currently in other programs to look at this network site. I was just accepted and saw this thread - can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this program and maybe why they did or did not choose this one? I tried clicking the post about PCOM above but I guess I was too late and it is no longer available.
Thanks in advance

I was accepted to PCOM and was told by friends currently in other programs to look at this network site. I was just accepted and saw this thread - can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this program and maybe why they did or did not choose this one? I tried clicking the post about PCOM above but I guess I was too late and it is no longer available.
Thanks in advance

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance. I'm currently finishing up my first year in the DPT program.

Pros:
-Faculty: I can't stress enough how helpful and understanding our faculty is. Most of the students in our program chose PCOM because of the faculty. They are all about us succeeding, and they make it very known by going out of their way to help us. I also like how each faculty member are experts in their own fields. This allows us to receive the best education possible.
-Equipment: Because we are a new program, we have new and extremely nice equipment. We have guest professors and PT's that come in at times, and they always mention how nice our equipment is.
-Volunteer: Many of our students were able to participate in events working with amputees, pediatrics, and more. Here is a link to one of the events that one of our professors hosted: PCOM Georgia Holds Limb Loss Education Day for Community
-Cadaver lab: We probably have one of the cleanest and nicest cadaver lab in the southeast. The odor is controlled extremely well, and they take great care of the cadavers. This has been one of my favorite experiences of my first year.
-Because the entire school consists of students in health professional programs, you have an early opportunity to collaborate with each other. There are roughly 150 new DO, 100+ Pharmacy, and 20+ PA students that are accepted every year that you have the chance to work with. We are required to take a Interprofessional Engagement course our first year, in which you will be divided into groups with students from other programs. There are also sport events that our students always like to participate in such as ping pong, flag football, and basketball, where we just annihilate other programs.

Cons:
-It is a new program, so just like anything new, there may be some hiccups and challenges that existing programs have already dealt with.
-Because we are also located on the far side of the building, it sometimes feels as if there's a disconnect with the other programs. BUT as mentioned above, you do have many opportunities.
-Parking: Parking was an issue at the beginning of the academic year (Fall quarter) because that is when the school is most full. There have been a couple of times when parking was full, but they have alternative parking available.
-The cafeteria food is not the best. They have made improvements, but most students bring their lunch anyways.

Overall, I would say the program is GREAT. I know that I'll be coming out with a lot of loans sadly, but I really feel like I am getting what I am paying for.
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I also wanted to remind everyone that it IS a graduate program. You're in it to obtain a Doctors of Physical Therapy degree, and there is an expectation that you as a student are responsible to reach. Each student is held to a high standard. It is difficult and you do need to put a lot of time into it, but don't worry. You WILL have time to play as well :) Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed with PCOM last week on January 17th and received my acceptance today. I couldn't believe I heard back so fast being that they told us to give them 4-6 weeks for an update. I am accepting the offer! Has anybody else received an acceptance for the class of '23?

I got an interview invite to PCOM dpt program! Can anyone give me some insight what to expect on interview day?

I applied back in October and had all of the supplemental requirements in by the end of the month and I’ve yet to hear anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

I emailed at the end of the semester to let them know I’d completed by academic update and I got a “thank you” response, but still nothing about an interview/rejection.

My stats:
GRE 300 AW 4.5
Hi, I was wondering if remember anything from your interview? Like what I should expect