Navy FY18 Special Pays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DondeEstaElBano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Odds they just did away with them and hope no one notices?? It’s only 4 months late...

Anyone with any insider info on when the NAVADMIN might be expected?

Members don't see this ad.

Zero....and who knows, we don’t even have a budget. This issue is one of the “positives” of the new system. No longer have to wait for the NavAdmin every year to sign for bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Zero....and who knows, we don’t even have a budget. This issue is one of the “positives” of the new system. No longer have to wait for the NavAdmin every year to sign for bonuses.

I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding your comment. My contract ended last fiscal year and I DO have to wait for the NAVADMIN. If not I wouldn’t care ha!

I’m just twiddling my thumbs waiting to put in for my retention bonus and board certification pay (got certified in December). Not that I’m hurting for money, but I just think it’s bad policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding your comment. My contract ended last fiscal year and I DO have to wait for the NAVADMIN. If not I wouldn’t care ha!

I’m just twiddling my thumbs waiting to put in for my retention bonus and board certification pay (got certified in December). Not that I’m hurting for money, but I just think it’s bad policy.

Yes, you are in the last group of people who has to wait for this. With the switch to the new system this is no longer as much issue going forward unless there is someone out there who has a new multi year contract that they are trying to sign in October. (And possibly new residency graduates the first time they are signing). It is nowhere near the impact when it was basically every single physician.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was just about to bring this exact same post.

Donde esta el FY18 NAVADMIN????

I’ve heard there are changes in the amounts of specialty bonuses (aligning to MEDMACRE priorities and thus requiring interservice negotiations) that may also require a new budget. That was the word from the GME meeting but take this for what it’s worth... a rando internet post referencing a meeting that I wasn’t in.