Army Reserves Board Certification Special Pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheEarDoc

Audiologist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to access the RCMS board certification/incentives website and it just gives me an error it cannot be reached. I was informed today I am entitled to board certification pay, but need to submit for it through the portal, but the link I was provided does not seem to work.

Does anyone know if the reserves self service portal (the RCMS self service) for incentives is down or it another one of those lovely .mil sites that only works from .mil networked computers?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been trying to access the RCMS board certification/incentives website and it just gives me an error it cannot be reached. I was informed today I am entitled to board certification pay, but need to submit for it through the portal, but the link I was provided does not seem to work.

Does anyone know if the reserves self service portal (the RCMS self service) for incentives is down or it another one of those lovely .mil sites that only works from .mil networked computers?

It is a problem in their end. I was able to access it on home computers and VA computers up to about 3-4 weeks ago. I eventually called IT and they told me that it is an issue on theirs end and that they are aware of it and working to fix it. You can access it from computers logged into the army network however. I had to go to my local recruiting station to log on and access it. Royal pain.

Members don't see this ad :)
any idea if they will back pay for it? I'm at BOLC right now and the extra pay tax free would be nice but due to COVID restrictions I can't get on a .mil computer even though I am on base!

Back pay is specifically not authorized. The pay starts when the contract is executed by the army.

Also, don't expect to see it on your LES after your first BA when you first become eligible for BC pay. Only your drill pay will be on it’s own LES, and IME, there is a two week flash to bang before you get your board pay deposited with a second LES for the same BA date

Last edited:
Back pay is specifically not authorized. The pay starts when the contract is executed by the army.

Also, don't expect to see it on your LES after your first BA when you first become eligible for BC pay. Only your drill pay will be on it’s own LES, and IME, there is a two week flash to bang before you get your board pay deposited with a second LES for the same BA date

Thank you for the info. Thanks to COVID and ROM we cannot get access to a .mil network computer even though I am on post so I can't submit my forms online for this so I am missing out on board pay for almost 30 days of active duty training.

How long does it usually take Uncle Sam to get the board pay started after you submit everything in the self service portal?

Actually I tried again on a military network on several computers and couldn’t get the website to function properly. Nothing like the army to make it very difficult to get your incentive

Reactions: 1 user