Coursework & Fieldwork FW Saturation in Southern California?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT2018x

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was interested in doing a FW rotation in San Diego or SoCal in general. I'd be coming from a program that's out of state. I heard that students in California are having trouble finding fieldwork as is. I was hoping if someone could shed some light on the subject. I'm interested in moving to SD after graduation, so I thought it would be beneficial to do a Level 2 there. Thanks in advance for any input you may have!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, did you find anything? Or where did you end up getting placed?
I need to submit a request to my fw coordinator by the end of the semester and I've had no luck finding a place.
:(

Hi, did you find anything? Or where did you end up getting placed?
I need to submit a request to my fw coordinator by the end of the semester and I've had no luck finding a place.
:(

So, I wasn't able to go to CA for fieldwork due to some SARA agreement (school or state policy?). My program is in Iowa. I ended doing both of my level IIs in south MS/LA where I am originally from...So you may be able to find FW out in CA! I just wasn't able to because of that policy.