Coursework & Fieldwork Level II FW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am preparing for my first level II fieldwork and was wondering if anyone would have any advice on how to prepare or what to expect! I know my school gives some sort of major assignment like a case study, research project, etc. along with the fieldwork experience. My first site is at a SNF and the other is going to be outpatient pediatrics. If anyone has advice or could explain what the experience was like for you, that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I had a level I at a SNF and a big piece of advice my supervisor told me is that she wished she took the initiative to develop relationships with the staff (i.e nursing, CNAs, etc) when she began working there. It can be difficult to arrange your schedule around everyone else's schedule and having allies with the CNAs can make things WAY easier for everyone. Good luck!

Students on the second year level all told us that transfers for SNF’s is the one thing they had practiced before going to them. They said you end up moving lots of patients around.

Hello all,

I am preparing for my first level II fieldwork and was wondering if anyone would have any advice on how to prepare or what to expect! I know my school gives some sort of major assignment like a case study, research project, etc. along with the fieldwork experience. My first site is at a SNF and the other is going to be outpatient pediatrics. If anyone has advice or could explain what the experience was like for you, that would be great!
Just follow your CI. Everyone will be different when tx patients. The way i was taught to measure UE rom in school, snf and hands were all different. Obv the hand OT had the best technique. All **** on each others technique. Just accept it as you go.

Edit-if you get a CI that shows that he or she will be toxic talk to your fieldwork coordinator your first day.

Last edited: