Frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the ITE last week as I'm sure most of y'all did.
Undoubtedly I switched answers and a few from wrong to right, but a good chunk from right to wrong.
The questions are so ridiculously vague at times and tricky answer choices. The answer choices for a few didn't seem to have a correct answer and even the criticque book mentioned that the correct answer listed was not cost effective. ... :/

I studied pretty hard for it. Did all the UW q's and all the free AAFP questions (subject and mixed) and I'm not real sure how I'll pass the test in the Spring. I'm going to have to review the articles it appears and stick to my guns and not change answers I guess. I used to destroy the anesthesia ITEs but making the switch to FM has pretty much destroyed me on these exams. The other issue is how broad the topics are compared to anesthesia, which can have ridiculous questions but for the most part you can study things and do well.

I heard about truelearn from the anesthesia forum - apparently it's a new qbank and they have it for FM too. I might have to repeat the AAFP qs and review over articles from the AAFP on stuff that I'm weak in, but the question is do I go with truelearn as well. UW didn't seem to help as much as I thought it would.

I'm going to study even harder these next 5 months. Hopefully my program doesn't give me a hard time.

Members don't see this ad.

Scores aren't back yet. It's too early to be upset.

Go over last years exam before taking a new one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My score was exactly the same as last year. Exactly. As if I didn't learn anything new in the last 16 months of caring for very sick people?! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

My score was exactly the same as last year. Exactly. As if I didn't learn anything new in the last 16 months of caring for very sick people?! Lol

My score went up 150 points (I took my first exam last year cold). Good thing because our exams are in 4 mo.

Well, my score was good to begin with. ..statistically there wasn't a lot more it could go up, but really? Lol.

Before medical school my habit was that once I answered questions on tests, I would not go back and review them.

But during medical school everyone talked about reviewing tests multiple times before handing it in, so I started "reviewing" my answers and noticed my scores becoming lower than I expected, so I set up a case study on myself on about 3-4 tests on different subjects. I found that the majority of the ones I changed were wrong-> wrong, followed by right->wrong and very rarely would I change from wrong->right. After seeing this I abandoned reviewing questions, and my scores elevated. I have stuck with this thru out medical school and residency and feel that it has helped me.

Before medical school my habit was that once I answered questions on tests, I would not go back and review them.

But during medical school everyone talked about reviewing tests multiple times before handing it in, so I started "reviewing" my answers and noticed my scores becoming lower than I expected, so I set up a case study on myself on about 3-4 tests on different subjects. I found that the majority of the ones I changed were wrong-> wrong, followed by right->wrong and very rarely would I change from wrong->right. After seeing this I abandoned reviewing questions, and my scores elevated. I have stuck with this thru out medical school and residency and feel that it has helped me.

I'd say you're correct and most tend to agree.
I've told myself I won't be making a similar mistake again. I think I psyched myself out with the added pressure of improving and doing well prior to actual boards. I have a much better level of confidence now that I still did well enough despite the screw job on the ITE. I was well above the national avg for PGY-3, thankfully.

My score went up 150 points (I took my first exam last year cold). Good thing because our exams are in 4 mo.
Sounds like you'll do fine. Congrats on the score jump! 150 points is nothing to sneeze at!

Took the ITE last week as I'm sure most of y'all did.
Undoubtedly I switched answers and a few from wrong to right, but a good chunk from right to wrong.
The questions are so ridiculously vague at times and tricky answer choices. The answer choices for a few didn't seem to have a correct answer and even the criticque book mentioned that the correct answer listed was not cost effective. ... :/

I studied pretty hard for it. Did all the UW q's and all the free AAFP questions (subject and mixed) and I'm not real sure how I'll pass the test in the Spring. I'm going to have to review the articles it appears and stick to my guns and not change answers I guess. I used to destroy the anesthesia ITEs but making the switch to FM has pretty much destroyed me on these exams. The other issue is how broad the topics are compared to anesthesia, which can have ridiculous questions but for the most part you can study things and do well.

I heard about truelearn from the anesthesia forum - apparently it's a new qbank and they have it for FM too. I might have to repeat the AAFP qs and review over articles from the AAFP on stuff that I'm weak in, but the question is do I go with truelearn as well. UW didn't seem to help as much as I thought it would.

I'm going to study even harder these next 5 months. Hopefully my program doesn't give me a hard time.

Truelearn is just Combank renamed.