Frustrated with CARS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello everyone,

So I guess I'm going to vent a little (more like a lot) but as the title states I am so frustrated with CARS. It wasn't a surprise that this section would be a struggle because when I studied for the SATs I just could not handle this section. Maybe because English isn't my first language but back to the point.

I am taking the MCAT on 6/17/2017 and I have been practicing CARS almost everyday.
I had one or two days where I was working on the application so I didn't get to study it but I tried to do minimum 3/4 passages a day. My Unscored Sample that I took about two weeks ago came out to 81%. So it made me feel that I studied well (I felt that it was easier). All my Kaplan ones are like 124's though.... And the AAMC Practice 2 came out 122. And I was pretty sure I did at least a 125... Anyways, I'm just super frustrated. I feel like it's luck sometimes.. because at times I get the readings and only get a few wrong or other times I just get more than half wrong. I am not looking for a 128 or super high score on this section. This is actually my third time taking. First MCAT I got CARS 123 so I studied and somehow I got 126 on the second time. I am just scared I'll get something lower than 126. All I am asking for is 125 really... This whole CARS got me all discouraged and exams in a week. I know its only a week left but any last minute tips or advise, even some encouraging word for this... I went through the entire NS108 verbal (redoing some just for the sake of practicing reading and timing) and only one more left in EK101 (old version) and went through AAMC CARS Q-pack. At this point its like what more can I do! My strategy is reading first and last sentence of each paragraph then as I read through the middle, I connect them together and I feel that it helps me grasp the idea so much better but after answering the questions, I'm like... did I really get that many wrong.... I thought I knew what was going on... Anyways if anyone actually read through this, thank you for reading through my ranting. And if you can leave tips, I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck with applications for this cycle and whoever is taking MCAT next week as well!

Members don't see this ad.