Friends I Need some advice Plz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avi07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a dentist in India and considering an option of coming to US for DDS.
Can anyone guide me after NBDE exams, how many dental schools usually an international dentist apply? If scores are 90 plus, what are the chances of sucess in interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a dentist in India and considering an option of coming to US for DDS.
Can anyone guide me after NBDE exams, how many dental schools usually an international dentist apply? If scores are 90 plus, what are the chances of sucess in interview?

NBDE results are now PASS/FAIL, no numerical passing scores are given anymore.

Oh Thanks..Then what are the criterias considered to select an applicant for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
your experience , toefl scores LOR'S, SOP all these are considered and will be emphasized during your review of applictn.

How much consideration is given to LORs from home country? I donot have any US experience nor I know any dentist in US. What do international dentists do for their LORs?

how much consideratn is given, i dont know, but letter from dean and a faculty member of ur school is must for most of the schools. u can do obeservership here at US and get an LOR from them. ineternational dentist get atleast three LOR'S frm their home country and also try to get letters from dentists and faculty from US by working with them or by enrolling in some programs