For those of you that have already taken the OAT...

rani82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For those of you that have already taken the OAT - were there particular questions or concepts in any section that you wished you had reviewed more thoroughly and more in depth? Any questions that really threw you for a loop? (I'm sure some of you have OAT questions that are still haunting you :smuggrin: ) For some I guess it is this horrible pontoon passage?!

If anyone can share it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

For those of you that have already taken the OAT - were there particular questions or concepts in any section that you wished you had reviewed more thoroughly and more in depth? Any questions that really threw you for a loop? (I'm sure some of you have OAT questions that are still haunting you :smuggrin: ) For some I guess it is this horrible pontoon passage?!

If anyone can share it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all of you for your help!

Well, in my opinion, if you haven't learned some of the gchem/ochem/physics concepts in class, you should REALLY start working on that. The problems they ask aren't particularly hard but familiarity and comfortability with these questions will help you out a lot. I had to learn many parts of biology for the first time (most notably endocrinology and physio type stuff) which took time but was much easier to memorize. I wish I reviewed more gchem questions because, it being my least favorite subject, I cheated myself out of studying by just doing a fewwwww questions on everything. If you're going to be taking the test soon, START TAKING PRACTICE TESTS! Check every single wrong answer and re-do each one so you understand it. (sometimes I even checked the ones I got right just to see why the others are wrong--but that takes a looongggg time). After taking just a few practice tests, you'll see which subjects or which types of questions you generally do poorer in. While taking the tests, I'm sure you'll know which concepts you understand less well.

In two words: FOCUSED STUDYING!

and also, the pontoons passsage wasn't particularly hard to read (the croc passage about cranial nerves and stuff was more confusing), but I just COULDN'T FIND THE ANSWERS!!! I can't really say anything about studying for the RC sections because I don't really think there is a way to "study for it." Either you know the answers or you don't. I would also say that some may be luckier with better passages. Maybe someone else has tips on that, but I just don't feel like there is any way to REALLY do much to improve your RC (I didn't study for it. Kaplans tips were useless, and I just got an 340). Hope you fare better!

-Jeff