For all those currently applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichiMO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I am a long way off, but I am thinking about doing a major move for residency, so it is going to take A LOT of research work and you can never get started too early :)

My question is what the word of mouth is on how competitive programs in New England are (meaning MA (esp. Boston programs), NH, CT, Maine...also potentially NY). I have read all the program descriptions on FRIDA and Scutwork and it is pretty difficult to tell. It seems most have between 40 and 60 people interviewing...which is pretty comparable to programs here in the west.

I am just wondering whether it would be reasonable to start really looking into moving to this area (my fiance is an engineer who wants to do grad. work at one of the big name schools in that area) or whether it would be pretty difficult to get a residency there. I know there are no sure things in this process, but I was hoping some people might have a better idea who are from that area. Needless to say, we don't have too many people from Arizona willing to head into northeastern winters :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.