FMG/US transfer student CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Graevejam1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I did my first 2 years of medical school at a well-known caribbean school and transferred into 3rd year at a US MD school. I am going to be applying to integrated PRS residency programs and gen surg back up programs and would like to hear some recommendations on whether or not it is important to have the caribbean medical school on my CV.

If asked about my first 2 years in an interview of course I would talk about and even emphasize what a great experience the caribbean school afforded me (not embellishing-you get out of it what you put into it). However, the last thing I want are programs to think that I am "hiding it" by not putting it on my CV.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think you have a choice in the matter. ERAS requires you to list all of your schools.

Transparency is key when it comes to applying. They want the good, the bad, and the ugly so there are no surprises from either side. Think how u would feel if they told you they were accredited by the ACGME and you matched only to find out they are on probation heading for the chopping block? (Not saying this might not happen but the more transparency from both sides the longer the marriage lasts!)

I haven't had the opportunity to look at ERAS yet because I get the token tomorrow. Thanks for the quick replies and clearing up this topic...very helpful.