Canadian medical student, US plastics residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will a CMG be discriminated for a competitive speciality?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted745951

As the title above may suggest, I'm a Canadian medical student who is interested to do Plastics in USA. I was just wondering if the fact that I'm a Canadian graduate (LCME accredited) will discriminate me in any way. I can't seem to find much info in the match stats as not many Canadians opt into US residencies, most who apply do get some, I see most websites explicitly state that if you're a student outside America and Canada..., I've called some program coordinators of which most say they don't discriminate it. Based on your knowledge, do you know if a CMG would be looked on par as an AMG?

My USMLE boards are 259
I have research background with publications
I'm planning to do my electives in the States (In some top institutes and some lesser known institutes (to try to pry my way in those))

To be honest, I'm aware of how competitive the programs are and I truly wouldn't mind matching into any plastics program. (As you can see, I'm in love with the speciality). Thank you so much for all the responses.

Ps, theres a poll below just for fun.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.