FM programs with strong Peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MochaFrap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if someone can suggest some FM programs that have strong Pediatric training, preferably the ones with PICU, pediatric subspecialties? No geographical restrain. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi I was wondering if someone can suggest some FM programs that have strong Pediatric training, preferably the ones with PICU, pediatric subspecialties? No geographical restrain. Thanks in advance!
If you want PICU experience, you'll need to go for programs at large hospitals (places with peds residencies mostly) and do that as an elective.

If you want pediatric subspecialties, you definitely need to be peds-residency adjacent.

That all being said, why? As a family doctor, most of that is going to be beyond what you'll be doing.

Why not just do Peds or even Med-Peds if you want Peds subspecialties?

You'll need to go to a place with a big Children's hospital attached. Those are going to be at large university programs.

Why not just do Peds or even Med-Peds if you want Peds subspecialties?

You'll need to go to a place with a big Children's hospital attached. Those are going to be at large university programs.
Yeah, I thought about Med-Peds, but I didn't think it's worth the time and money to keep 2 board certification if I'm mainly doing outpatient. It's really just for interest sake. Thanks for the advice