Florida Southern College - 2020 Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soccerprept19

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anyone heard back from FSC yet? Or were invited to the January interview?

I applied to FSC at the end of November and had my application forwarded to the admissions committee on 12/11. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Has anyone heard back from FSC yet? Or were invited to the January interview?

I applied to FSC at the end of November and had my application forwarded to the admissions committee on 12/11. Thanks!
I loved FSC it’s my top so far

Members don't see this ad :)
Following this since I have an interview on the 4th. They said I’ll get more info in an email next week.
When I interviewed there, it was a multiple mini interview style. They will set up different room stations. Each station will have a scenario on the door. You will have 2 minutes to read the prompt. After, you will enter the room and give your response according to the prompt with 5 minutes to spare. I believe there were 8 stations and one of them will be a break round. I hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
When I interviewed there, it was a multiple mini interview style. They will set up different room stations. Each station will have a scenario on the door. You will have 2 minutes to read the prompt. After, you will enter the room and give your response according to the prompt with 5 minutes to spare. I believe there were 8 stations and one of them will be a break round. I hope this helps.
Thank you! In the email there was also mention of a writing sample. Was this in your interview as well?

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but I was just accepted into the program! Wanted to know what people are planning to do for housing!

I've bee accepted into the program also. Looking forward to starting soon

I have been accepted as well. Are you worried about the program not being accredited?

I am in a similar situation and was advised to go elsewhere if I had the option. I was told that if you have more than one school you're deciding on, to go to the established school that has completed and maintained their accreditation. You don't want to chance attending a school that is not fully accredited because the future impact it can have on you won't be that great. Do you have any other schools you can pursue?

I have been accepted as well. Are you worried about the program not being accredited?

I'm not too worried about schools that are candidates for accreditation because they mentioned that if they failed to receive accreditation, they could assure us that we will be transferred to another program that is accredited and finish there. Also, I don't know schools on the top of my head that have failed accrediation candidacy. But I could be totally wrong and it becomes more complicated than all of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in a similar situation and was advised to go elsewhere if I had the option. I was told that if you have more than one school you're deciding on, to go to the established school that has completed and maintained their accreditation. You don't want to chance attending a school that is not fully accredited because the future impact it can have on you won't be that great. Do you have any other schools you can pursue?

Yea same advice was given to me. A friend of mine mentioned that the accrediation is a factor to consider too if I have options. I got another school interview this weekend for a school that is accredited so I'm blessed to have that.

It was about a week after my interview. But they emailed me March 30th
Oh okay. Im just a little stressed about this waitlist situation especially with the Covid crisis happening. I feel as if everything is going to happen later this summer unfortunately. Do you have any other school options?

Oh okay. Im just a little stressed about this waitlist situation especially with the Covid crisis happening. I feel as if everything is going to happen later this summer unfortunately. Do you have any other school options?
I am on one other waitlist and am currently waiting to hear back from my interview at St. Aug that I had last week. I also applied to one other school in my home state and their application closed two days ago so I am still waiting to hear from them as well. You?

I am on one other waitlist and am currently waiting to hear back from my interview at St. Aug that I had last week. I also applied to one other school in my home state and their application closed two days ago so I am still waiting to hear from them as well. You?
I have not heard back from any other school yet. Florida Southern was my favorite school and I thought I had a great interview. One state school I applied to wont be doing interviews I heard until the end of May( so that sucks). This waitlist process can be miserable but I wish you the best of luck!

I have not heard back from any other school yet. Florida Southern was my favorite school and I thought I had a great interview. One state school I applied to wont be doing interviews I heard until the end of May( so that sucks). This waitlist process can be miserable but I wish you the best of luck!
You too!

Don’t worry about accreditation. I did a lot of research and they passed the hardest part of accreditation and the rest is just procedural. They have extremely high level qualified people that have done this before.

Don’t worry about accreditation. I did a lot of research and they passed the hardest part of accreditation and the rest is just procedural. They have extremely high level qualified people that have done this before.

What school do you prefer?

What school do you prefer?
I really didn’t care. I came into the application process with a low GPA and average GRE and right after graduating undergrad. I figured I’d give it a shot and if I got in anywhere great and if not then I’d take a gap year to work and try to increase my prereq grades. I got accepted into USA-Austin and have an interview at the school in my home state tomorrow which is also still in candidacy. I figured I wouldn’t apply to any schools that I wouldn’t like going to so if I got in I’d be more than happy to go!!