Florida recently surpassed 1 mil concealed weapon permit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The 930 is fabulous, but make sure you range test the ammo you will have in it for defense, sometimes the cheap stuff doesn't cycle reliably. Also, don't forget to do a conscious accounting of where people sleep in your house so you don't shoot in a direction you shouldn't some day (lots of shotgun ammo goes through residential walls)

Depends on what kind of ammo you are using. Buck shot? Over penetration, yes.
Bird shot/target loads, not so much.
Either way, you get less over penetration with a shotgun than with a handgun.
Go with a Remington 870. Crooks need to hear you rack one in for fair warning. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Would an ipod w/ speaker playing the sounds of an entire swat team gearing up be the same effect

Members don't see this ad :)
You should never ever approach someone with a weapon that is not ready to fire....it is a horrible idea to "rack" a shotgun to scare away bad guys

Would an ipod w/ speaker playing the sounds of an entire swat team gearing up be the same effect

Lol
As long as it's believable that you have an entire swat team gearing up in your bedroom. :smuggrin:
:naughty::naughty:

You should never ever approach someone with a weapon that is not ready to fire....it is a horrible idea to "rack" a shotgun to scare away bad guys

I wasn't saying to approach that way, just rack it in before you round the corner or open the door.

I wasn't saying to approach that way, just rack it in before you round the corner or open the door.

It's still a bad idea as it simply tells them where you are...no tactical instructor will recommend it, but it's your house so do it how you want ;)

It's still a bad idea as it simply tells them where you are...no tactical instructor will recommend it, but it's your house so do it how you want ;)

Point taken. In that case, have a sound recording of a shotgun racking on standby in a different room, activate remotely, and then pounce on criminal with an already loaded scatter-gun.
Problem solved
:cool:

Point taken. In that case, have a sound recording of a shotgun racking on standby in a different room, activate remotely, and then pounce on criminal with an already loaded scatter-gun.
Problem solved
:cool:

If they're armed as well you'll probably catch a bullet.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you should just bunker down in a secure area and only engage if they breach that area. Otherwise, they can grab all they can while I call 911.

I wasn't going to respond to his slightly trollish comment there. :smuggrin:

Maybe that was a bit harsh of a response in my part. Nontrad, I apologize. I was just thinking that if someone with a shotgun were to surprise an intruder with a handgun, the intruder would be in a very bad position to shoot the homeowner back. Shotguns are designed to shoot moving targets hundreds of feet away. In close-quarters, the intruder would best drop his own gun and put his hands up. He likely wouldn't even have time to aim his own handgun.