This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gator_DPT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just wanted to start a thread for those of us applying to DPT programs in Florida so we can share our stats/admission decisions and ask questions. I'll start and post my stats below :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Undergraduate: University South Florida
Major: Public Health
Overall GPA: 3.69
Upper Level GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.6
GRE Scores: Q156, V148, AW4.5

Volunteer Hours: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient (SNF), 14 traveling pediatric, 200 emergency room hours
LOR: 2 PT, 1 peer, and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: n/a

Applied: UF, UNF, Nova-Tampa, USF,FGCU,UCF,Gannon
Acceptances: None
Interviews: Gannon (Oct 7), Nova-Tampa (Jan 22), UCF (Dec 12), UNF (Feb)
Rejections: None

Last edited:
Hi,
I’m a California applicant that applied to FIU.
If anyone has heard back from them, please let me know!

Stats:
cGPA: 3.86
pGPA: 3.7
156V, 150Q, 3.5 AWA

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergraduate: University South Florida
Major: Public Health
Overall GPA: 3.69
Upper Level GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.6
GRE Scores: Q156, V148, AW4.5

Volunteer Hours: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient (SNF), 14 traveling pediatric, 200 emergency room hours
LOR: 2 PT, 1 peer, and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: n/a

Applied: UF, UNF, Nova-Tampa, USF,FGCU,UCF,Gannon
Interviews: Gannon (Oct 7), Nova-Tampa (Jan 22), UCF (Dec 12)
Rejections: None

Congrats on UCF interview! Have you heard anything from UNF? They were supposed to send out interview selections yesterday... Also, did you receive an invitation to UF's visit day?

Update: Heard from UNF - selected for an interview!

Last edited:
Undergraduate: University of Alabama
Major: Biology
Minor: Art
Overall GPA: 3.52
GRE Scores: Q158, V162, AW4.0

Volunteer Hours: 185; mix of inpatient, outpatient (mix of neuro, ortho, peds)
LOR: 2 PT and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: Tri-beta social media coordinator, AED, Pre PT society, ER volunteer, Dean's list (3 semesters)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, UCF, UF, UNF, Army Baylor
Applying To: Nova Southeastern
Interviews: UCF, UNF, FGCU
Rejections: Army Baylor

Last edited:
Congrats on UCF interview! Have you heard anything from UNF? They were supposed to send out interview selections yesterday... Also, did you receive an invitation to UF's visit day?

I just heard from UNF today also and have an interview set for some date in February. Congrats to you!

Undergraduate: University of Alabama

Extra-Curricular: Tri-beta social media coordinator, AED, Pre PT society, ER volunteer, Dean's list (3 semesters)

Applying To: Nova Southeastern
Interviews: UCF, UNF
Have you been contacted by FIU at all? Besides the uniform “we recieved PTCAS” email?

Hey! I also received an invite for UF's visit day, but I don't think I'm going because it's conflicting with an FGCU interview I have. I talked to a couple people and they made a point that since UF doesn't have interviews, they want to at least invite people to see the program and see if they can see themselves there (friend of a friend didn't go to the visit day and he still got in - then again his stats were really good). What are your thoughts on the visit day? I'm still debating if I should reschedule my interview day for the visit day or if I'm just making something out of nothing!

Hey! I also received an invite for UF's visit day, but I don't think I'm going because it's conflicting with an FGCU interview I have. I talked to a couple people and they made a point that since UF doesn't have interviews, they want to at least invite people to see the program and see if they can see themselves there (friend of a friend didn't go to the visit day and he still got in - then again his stats were really good). What are your thoughts on the visit day? I'm still debating if I should reschedule my interview day for the visit day or if I'm just making something out of nothing!

Congrats on the FGCU interview! When did you apply/hear back from them? As far as the visit day, I would probably prioritize the interview. I know quite a few people who attend UF's PT school and did not attend the visit day.

Last edited:
Have you been contacted by FIU at all? Besides the uniform “we recieved PTCAS” email?
I haven't heard anything from FIU including an email from FIU saying they received my application. How soon after you applied did you get the email from them?

I haven't heard anything from FIU including an email from FIU saying they received my application. How soon after you applied did you get the email from them?
I was verified by PTCAS on 8/16. Got an email on 9/25.

Congrats on the FGCU interview! When did you apply/hear back from them? As far as the visit day, I would probably prioritize the interview. I know quite a few people who attend UF's PT school and did not attend the visit day.

Hi! I think all my apps fully submitted on the 28th of August (it's when my last rec letter was received so everything went through finalization etc). II heard back from them in a few separate emails but I heard back for the interview about two weeks ago!

Hi! I think all my apps fully submitted on the 28th of August (it's when my last rec letter was received so everything went through finalization etc). II heard back from them in a few separate emails but I heard back for the interview about two weeks ago!

Good job on applying early! I didn't even send in my application until November, so I'm guessing it'll take a while for them to get through all the apps that came in near the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know (or has heard) what the interview questions are like at UCF? I've heard mixed things, some people say they throw some curveballs at you and it's easy to do poorly on the interview, others say they just want to get to know you and it's not bad.

Does anyone know (or has heard) what the interview questions are like at UCF? I've heard mixed things, some people say they throw some curveballs at you and it's easy to do poorly on the interview, others say they just want to get to know you and it's not bad.

I heard it's a mix because it's a series of short interviews, and it depends on the faculty/student you get placed with each round. My friend said sometimes they'll give "situation" questions where you have to describe how you would react to said situation.

Does anyone know when we will hear from USF and FIU?

Does anyone know when we will hear from USF and FIU?
I'm not sure about FIU, but USF says "By February 1st" and won't give any dates sooner than that, it's often late January that they begin sending out acceptances.

Updates :)
Undergraduate:
University of Alabama

Interviews: UCF (12/13), UNF (declined), FGCU (declined), FIU (declined)
Acceptances: UCF
Will be attending: UCF!!!!!!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from UNF about interview dates?

Has anyone heard from UNF about interview dates?

Just heard back today, my interview is February 9th.

Has anyone had an interview with Nova Tampa? I have an interview scheduled for there but don't know what to expect.

I also have an interview with Nova Tampa, but the only information I have received is the date, time, and that it will be a group interview.

Hey guys, I made a thread about this, but I figured I would post the question here too just in case..

Does anybody have feedback/opinions on FIU's DPT program? I got invited for an interview, but I haven't heard much about the program itself among the other Florida schools. (I applied because I wasn't sure I'd get in anywhere, ya know, just hashing my money out)

Updates :)
Undergraduate:
University of Alabama

Interviews: UCF (12/13), UNF (declined), FGCU (declined), FIU (declined)
Acceptances: UCF
Will be attending: UCF!!!!!!
Congrats on UCF!! They seem like a spectacular program. When did you hear back from them?

How many people have heard back from UF? I haven't received any notice but a few of my friends have (their last names are early in the alphabet).

Congrats on UCF!! They seem like a spectacular program. When did you hear back from them?
Thank you, I'm excited! I heard back from them on December 20th. It was a week after my interview.

Hey guys, I just got a denial email from USF. Just letting y’all know so you can check your emails. Hopefully you all have better luck with that school!

How many people have heard back from UF? I haven't received any notice but a few of my friends have (their last names are early in the alphabet).
I’m still waiting to hear! The email I received said sometime between January-March

Just got my acceptance letter from UF. Still waiting to hear back from USF. Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I applied to U. of South Florida, FIU, Nova, U. of Miami, Gannon, and USA. I was rejected by Nova, and had interview offers by U. of Miami, Gannon, and USA. I still have not heard back from USC and FIU.

For anyone wondering about Nova Tampa's interview process: It is by far the best interview experience I have had. They don't ask you any questions, you just discuss topics they give you among your group of 3 prospective students. Everyone there is great. I had a hard time finding information about their process online, and that's because it's completely different as of last year. Best way to conduct an interview that I have seen, not stressful at all.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone wondering about Nova Tampa's interview process: It is by far the best interview experience I have had. They don't ask you any questions, you just discuss topics they give you among your group of 3 prospective students. Everyone there is great. I had a hard time finding information about their process online, and that's because it's completely different as of last year. Best way to conduct an interview that I have seen, not stressful at all.
Completely agree with this. Loved the interview process.

If anybody else has interviewed at FIU, did you find the process a little bizarre? Basically it's two one-on-one sessions with two different faculty members. However, the first professor who interviewed me seemed very blase about the whole process and it was almost as if he didn't want to be there. I think I did pretty decent for the interview, but I'm just wondering if anybody's had a similar experience and what their opinion on the program is.

This might be a long shot but I was curious if anyone would have an idea about this. I received Bright Futures for undergrad but I did not use it because I went out of state. Is it possible to use bright futures for grad school if you didn't use it for undergrad?

Just waitlisted at USF. Looking for someone who's accepted already to let me know when their acceptance deadline is/when they have to put a deposit down.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got waitlisted for USF. Do anyone know if you have been waitlisted two consecutive years that you are more likely to get accepted this time ?

Hi can you elaborate more on the nova Tampa hybrid dpt interview ?

I just got waitlisted for USF. Do anyone know if you have been waitlisted two consecutive years that you are more likely to get accepted this time ?

I'm not sure about that. When did you find out that the class at USF was completely full last year and they were no longer looking at the wait list?

They never told me they have till first week of clsss to accepted students. What other schools you got accepted to ?

They never told me they have till first week of clsss to accepted students. What other schools you got accepted to ?

I'm accepted at NOVA Fort Lauderdale. Still waiting on decisions from St. Augustine and University of Puget Sound. NOVA's deadline for accepting their offer is Feb 1st. Hard to make a decision when you're wait listed at other schools.

Do by chance know what type of topics being ask ?

Just waitlisted at USF. Looking for someone who's accepted already to let me know when their acceptance deadline is/when they have to put a deposit down.
I was accepted 12/10 and only had 5 days to respond. I'm not sure about deposits/other info because I declined the offer. Best of luck!!