Florida Bright Futures?

Pandapurse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading a brochure on the Bright Futures scholarships, and it says that the 100% scholarship for private schools in Florida will pay "equal to 100 percent of the funding required for them to attend a public institution." I'm a little confused about this. What does it mean? I want to attend private colleges in Florida, and I'm curious to know how much it will really cost. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was reading a brochure on the Bright Futures scholarships, and it says that the 100% scholarship for private schools in Florida will pay "equal to 100 percent of the funding required for them to attend a public institution." I'm a little confused about this. What does it mean? I want to attend private colleges in Florida, and I'm curious to know how much it will really cost. Thanks. :)

It means Bright Futures would pay for the average price of tuition for a Florida state school. UF and FSU has an annual tution of about $3,000 in-state, so Bright Futures would probably pay for about $3,000 out of your tuition if you attend a private school.

since the public school keep raising tuition, it shouldkeep going up and up...i go to a private school and this year it was 4200, next year it may be close to 5k

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are qualifying for 100% bright futures, you will get the FRAG which is close to another 4k

if you are qualifying for 100% bright futures, you will get the FRAG which is close to another 4k

My numbers are actually a little different than above, so I think on average, the 100% bright futures will pay for at least $4,000, and the FRAG will pay for $3,000. The money given will be a little less or a little more depending on your EFC and the financial aid package from the school.

Thanks for the info, guys! It really cleared things up for me. :)