Flinders response?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard back yet from Flinders after the recent round of NAmerican interviews? Are we supposed to hear in August?

Good luck all.

Members don't see this ad.

Unch said:
Anyone heard back yet from Flinders after the recent round of NAmerican interviews? Are we supposed to hear in August?

Good luck all.

Hi Unch,

I haven't heard back yet, but I wasn't expecting anything until this week at the earliest. At the end of my interview, Dr. Edwards said that there might be an update in the middle of august. I'm not sure what he meant by update, perhaps giving us a firm timeline or just telling us outright if we're in or not. Who knows. I'd like to think we all stand a good chance, but I guess you never know. For those who have to write the MCAT still, they won't officially know until October when their scores come out, which would be even crazier. At least I won't have to go through that. Quick and painless, please and thank you!

Teuter said:
Hi Unch,

I haven't heard back yet, but I wasn't expecting anything until this week at the earliest. At the end of my interview, Dr. Edwards said that there might be an update in the middle of august. I'm not sure what he meant by update, perhaps giving us a firm timeline or just telling us outright if we're in or not. Who knows. I'd like to think we all stand a good chance, but I guess you never know. For those who have to write the MCAT still, they won't officially know until October when their scores come out, which would be even crazier. At least I won't have to go through that. Quick and painless, please and thank you!

Hey all, I got an acceptance email for Flinders last week. Their deadline is Sept. 20th for a response and $$. They want $3500, and they say a real letter of acceptance is in the mail.

M.

Members don't see this ad :)
Off2Oz said:
Hey all, I got an acceptance email for Flinders last week. Their deadline is Sept. 20th for a response and $$. They want $3500, and they say a real letter of acceptance is in the mail.

M.

Hi Off2Oz,

Congrats on your acceptance. I guess that doesn't bode too well for me, but I guess that's the way the ball bounces. Back to the grind..

Congrats from here too. I was afraid I might not like what I'd hear if I posted that question. Doesn't make me too confident now since I suppose they sent acceptances to a full group all at once and now the rest of us are waiting for spots from those who decline to go?? Wonder if this means we might be waiting until well into September after people have confirmed/declined their spots.

Here's hoping for you Teuter.

Hi all,

I was accepted to Flinder's, yeap a 3500 deposit by Sept 20.

Good luck to those waiting.

Off2Oz said:

M.

Hi Off2OZ, congrats! I am writting my Mcat this Saturday; having hard time pulling up the scores ( I have 8/8/8). How high were scores, if you don't mind?
So nerve-wrecking, I will be in Adelaide next week to see the campus, but I guess if I don't do a good job this Saturday, I won't be on that campus in February!
:(

dasha55 said:
Hi Off2OZ, congrats! I am writting my Mcat this Saturday; having hard time pulling up the scores ( I have 8/8/8). How high were scores, if you don't mind?
So nerve-wrecking, I will be in Adelaide next week to see the campus, but I guess if I don't do a good job this Saturday, I won't be on that campus in February!
:(

Hello.. Don't lose hope, guys! I'm sure that they don't accept everyone before the August MCAT. From my knowledge on Australia, you might just be further along some alphabetical list and they're taking a little break from admissions! =)

In any case, I hear that if you've got 10's or above, you're very well equipped. For my part, I had 12/12/11/S.. I had a pretty good test day in April, but I *really* don't think you need such a score to get in. I hope I don't discourage anyone with this info - it's just meant to be an FYI since you asked.

Just be patient - the Aussies are pretty laid back, and I can't see them getting all the admissions over with in the first few weeks of August. =)

Cheers.

since it's late, and i'm surfing... congrats!

Jeeze,
No wonder you're in with scores like that Off2Oz. My scores were 8/10/11T which was good enough to get me the interview but has landed me on the waitlist. @%^$#$&^ Physics... just couldn't manage the 10 I wanted...maybe the fact that I got my C- in Physics 18 years ago!

But man, you should be proud of that "T"...I was of my "S" before now :p

Sorry about the waiting list, but at the same time, glad to hear Flinders is maintaining high stats despite the big growth in Aussie grad spots. Last year so many naysayers were jumping up and down about how the stats would have to drastically drop (the same misinformed individuals who had been claiming anyone with a 24M could get you in anywhere).

I hope you've written a letter to Tony saying how much you enjoyed the interview, liked the school and want to be there, yada yada...

-pitman

Thanks Pitman,
Yeah, the T was nice though i don't think anyone (in admissions) cares. Still, it's nice to be "top" in something.

Yes, of course i thanked Dr. Edwards profusely...hopefully not too gratuitously. Still, i was sincere since he is a genuinely nice man and I think Flinders would be great.

Thanks Pitman,
Yeah, the T was nice though i don't think anyone (in admissions) cares. Still, it's nice to be "top" in something. BTW, funny that one of my essay topics was "It's of benefit to society when universities are highly selective." Yes, the irony was delicious.

Yes, of course i thanked Dr. Edwards profusely...hopefully not too gratuitously. Still, i was sincere since he is a genuinely nice man and I think Flinders would be great.

oh i bet they care about it at flinders, at least as one of many 'considerations' -- they more than any other aussie school will look at things like research and post-grad academics, etc., to at least help differentiate otherwise similar candidates, and certainly your T tells them that you know very well how to put two sentences together and communicate a concept to others.

I'd bet you're prob on the top of that waiting list.

-pitman

I received an acceptance email Aug 10th, which also said the snail mail letter would arrive soon. My MCATs were 9/11/9/R with a masters degree.