FIU interview review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinesfootball

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I went had my interview with FIU earlier today and just wanted to give my two cents to those who are still waiting. The facilities of the PT department lived up to all the reviews I've been reading about...everything seemed brand new and a lot of machines were state of the art. The overall interview process was very laid back. I met with Dr. Brunt and he went over my application and asked a few specific questions about my major & minor and my time at the University of Florida. After he gave me a tour of the building, I sat down with two faculty advisors who asked me questions about healthcare and the PT field...and that was pretty much it! I had a great overall impression of the environment and the faculty and really hope I get accepted. Feel free to ask any questions..I'll be glad to help!

Members don't see this ad.

is the interviews going on for early decison people?

not sure about early decision, I just did the regular application cycle and they are in an "early interview process" atm...Dr. Brunt mentioned they are trying to fill 15-20 spots by Christmas

Members don't see this ad :)
What questions in the healthcare/ pt field did they ask?

So I went had my interview with FIU earlier today and just wanted to give my two cents to those who are still waiting. The facilities of the PT department lived up to all the reviews I've been reading about...everything seemed brand new and a lot of machines were state of the art. The overall interview process was very laid back. I met with Dr. Brunt and he went over my application and asked a few specific questions about my major & minor and my time at the University of Florida. After he gave me a tour of the building, I sat down with two faculty advisors who asked me questions about healthcare and the PT field...and that was pretty much it! I had a great overall impression of the environment and the faculty and really hope I get accepted. Feel free to ask any questions..I'll be glad to help!

what were your stats?

What questions in the healthcare/ pt field did they ask?

They asked me about my experiences between the snf and peds clinics I volunteered in and how the role of the pt is different between the two...also what I would change about PT. I think somewhere along the conversation they brought up the ACA and my thoughts on it as well. Hope that helps!

what were your stats?

Upper gpa: 3.36
Pre req: 3.76
GRE: 152 v 156 Q 4.0 W
Hours: 1100 (outpatient ortho, peds, SNF)
Extra curricular activities: personal trainer, UPTA, research with dementia + exercise

can you give us any more info on the questions they asked...fiu just asked me to schedule an early interview

As far as the questions from the faculty that's pretty much all I can remember. The questions were all very straight forward and easy to answer for the most part. Dr. Brunt did start off by asking me what I've done since graduation and the decision making process in choosing my undergrad major/minor