FIU HWCOM vs RUSH COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amc0325

Reaction score
Would love to hear input! I am from Miami and always said I wanted to stay local for med school. I want to eventually reside in Miami and practice here so I am looking to match into residency in Miami. However, RUSH is a fantastic program especially for surgery so I’m struggling to decide! FIU just signed a partnership with Baptist which will create more rotation sites and residency programs. I am interested in Neurology, EM, or surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

I would also add that Rush just opened a brand new building in 2023 dedicated to cancer and neuroscience treatment and research, definitely something to consider. However, in terms of ending up somewhere, FIU is gonna have a better likelihood of matching you in Florida, and especially Miami. Considering you wanna be local FIU might your answer.

I would also add that Rush just opened a brand new building in 2023 dedicated to cancer and neuroscience treatment and research, definitely something to consider. However, in terms of ending up somewhere, FIU is gonna have a better likelihood of matching you in Florida, and especially Miami. Considering you wanna be local FIU might your answer.
Yes definitely! Rush has amazing facilities and some of the best hospitals so training there would be amazing. I would love to hear from FIU students about how easily or difficult they have found certain opportunities and how rotations are there.