FIU Certificate in Molecular and Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zhenan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently in my gap year and have been applying to Post bac programs or SMP. I recently got to know about the FIU certificate in Molecular and Biomedical sciences and was wondering if there is anyone that has attended the program that could provide information about the program. I have a cGPA 3.5 and sGPA of 3.44. My MCAT was low and I am scheduled to take it on July 30th. It seems like a nice program with a guaranteed interview for their medical school. If anyone could help out and provide an honest review about the program it would be appreciated. Also how do what other ways can we apply for loans or pay for the program since Federal loans are not approved for the program.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I am currently in my gap year and have been applying to Post bac programs or SMP. I recently got to know about the FIU certificate in Molecular and Biomedical sciences and was wondering if there is anyone that has attended the program that could provide information about the program. I have a cGPA 3.5 and sGPA of 3.44. My MCAT was low and I am scheduled to take it on July 30th. It seems like a nice program with a guaranteed interview for their medical school. If anyone could help out and provide an honest review about the program it would be appreciated. Also how do what other ways can we apply for loans or pay for the program since Federal loans are not approved for the program.

Thanks
What mcat score do they require with the guaranteed interview?

I would be a little weary about this program. I've heard that the "guaranteed interview" has not always been fulfilled as promised. And you would still be paying tuition for a program where you wouldn't be getting an additional degree, just a certificate. Not sure how that would factor into boosting your gpa but something to think about.