First semester study strategies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_doctor_2019

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Hoping this will also help other people as well.
Wonder if students can link below their sites such as uworld, anki, and whatever else that helped them study or revise starting first semester. I just started medical school and UWORLD seems to complex at this time. Are there pre-made ankis or review videos anyone can suggest to me for anatomy, histology? I have also heard of sketchymed but current students help me out.

Thank you in advanced

Members don't see this ad.

You should not being doing uworld until dedicated. There are hundreds of quality youtube videos regarding study resources and strategies (e.g. ). These are things you should have found out prior to starting and began trialing instead of making posts while you're already a student...

You should not being doing uworld until dedicated. There are hundreds of quality youtube videos regarding study resources and strategies (e.g. ). These are things you should have found out prior to starting and began trialing instead of making posts while you're already a student...

thank you for this. i follow him! I would rather stick to one brand rather jumping around but i see your point!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Hoping this will also help other people as well.
Wonder if students can link below their sites such as uworld, anki, and whatever else that helped them study or revise starting first semester. I just started medical school and UWORLD seems to complex at this time. Are there pre-made ankis or review videos anyone can suggest to me for anatomy, histology? I have also heard of sketchymed but current students help me out.

Thank you in advanced

If you like anki, this is one that a lot of medical students use for step 1. Lots of other good anki info on this reddit too.

Agree with above poster, UWorld is not appropriate for in house exams first year and is more heplful for dedicated step study at the end of second year.

A lot of people find sketchy helpful for microbiology and pharmacology. It's pretty expensive but some schools have ripped copies on google drive floating around.

For in depth breakdowns and explanation videos, some people use ninja nerd on youtube or buy boards and beyond.

Stick to the class notes and recommended reading by the prof. Any more at this point in your education is way overkill. First semester is sneaky hard enough and usually designed to separate the wheat from the chaff so they can cull the herd. Don't make things harder on yourself than they already are.

If you like anki, this is one that a lot of medical students use for step 1. Lots of other good anki info on this reddit too.

Agree with above poster, UWorld is not appropriate for in house exams first year and is more heplful for dedicated step study at the end of second year.

A lot of people find sketchy helpful for microbiology and pharmacology. It's pretty expensive but some schools have ripped copies on google drive floating around.

For in depth breakdowns and explanation videos, some people use ninja nerd on youtube or buy boards and beyond.

thank you! block 1 exam coming up!

Stick to the class notes and recommended reading by the prof. Any more at this point in your education is way overkill. First semester is sneaky hard enough and usually designed to separate the wheat from the chaff so they can cull the herd. Don't make things harder on yourself than they already are.
thank you! block 1 exam coming up and professor's notes and practice questions are definetly the way to go!