First AID for Step 2 CK, new or old edition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

housecat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I bought the Step II CK 2003 version last year and it's brand new. Does anybody recommend buying the newer 2007 edition? Is there that much of a difference? Just don't feel like dishing out another $45.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The difference in editions is not THAT large. However, as First Aid is one of the best (if not the single best) sources used to prepare for these USMLE exams, I would recommend purchasing the new edition.
I am not familiar with the edition that has a 2007 copyright, but you can purchase the current edition (released in September of 2005) for
$31.75 plus shipping on Amazon. It should be about $35 total!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0071443363/ref=dp_olp_2/104-7104514-1897536?ie=UTF8

Contrary to the last poster, I think that First Aid was the best source on the market for step 1. However, for step 2 First Aid is not nearly as useful and I would personally reccomend stick with the old version to have a back up source and go with something else as your primary study source (USMLE World, Kaplan, Step-up, Crush).