Finishing undergrade in five? Retaking classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaitoKid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is finishing your undergrad in five years a super bad thing? I got behind in classes and the classes I need to take doesn't fit my schedule and some are only offered in fall. So unless I take summer classes I will be a quarter or two behind. But I believe I cant apply to pharmacy school until fall of the next year.

And I know this is a very repetive question, but is retaking classes a bad thing? Because if my only choice is to take 5 year as a undergrad I might as well retake some of my lower gpa classes to raise it right?

Does it matter how long it takes for you to get into pharmacy school? It's really been bugging me that I might have to finish my undergrad in five years. Appreciate any advice or other people stories on finishing late. Thanks!

And if it matter I am trying to apply to Washington State University Pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter if you take an extra year, because as you said you cannot apply until the next cycle anyways. I've never really heard it being a problem and getting a degree is a plus.

I would consider retaking courses that you've received C's or lower in (Definitely retake C- and lower) but understand they take the average of the two courses on Pharmcas and that you will have to pretty much get an A in the class or it could look bad. Look thru WSU pharmacy FAQ and see if they have anything against retaking courses, but it's generally not a big issue.

Also considering getting pharmacy experience if you haven't already but above all make sure your grades are high.

Reactions: 1 user
Retake what you need to retake. I wouldn't want a D on my record. Or even C for that matter, but not all schools allow you to retake Cs. The time doesn't matter as much as you know why you want to pursue that profession. If an extra semester or year is required but you can articulate your purpose better (plus, probably have more experience if you're working), so be it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guy this made it a little less stressful...been freaking out cause i struggle in biology a lot but my other science courses are are good.